Revised: Climbing Partners

NadiavonMagdenko

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you are successful you can sell a book with pictures of all the people who took our advice and died learning to lead. You see the corpse piles every time you go near Barney's Rubble or Mountie Dome. I bet the yuppies who bought Into Thin Err would buy your book too!

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
But if you are successful you can sell a book with pictures of all the people who took our advice and died learning to lead. You see the corpse piles every time you go near Barney's Rubble or Mountie Dome. I bet the yuppies who bought Into Thin Err would buy your book too!

Big dog Drhu has spoken? So would you suggest free soloing? Perhaps when you have had good friends die doing things that "everyone does" you will mellow out a little bit.

quote:

Originally posted by Bug:

Perhaps when you have had good friends die doing things that "everyone does" you will mellow out a little bit.

Ya like 6 of my friends died in a car crash in 1990... Im so mellow now. confused.gif" border="0 "everbody drives"? rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0

Nadia send a pm to a guy named erik on this site he likes to go climbing with beginners.

I am sorry to hear about your friends dying in a car crash. Seriously.

I have known two people who fell to their deaths on 5.5 and 5.7. One was a 5.11 leader freesoloing 5.7, the other was a newbie on lead. She was "very athletic" and kept up with everyone at everything. But she made one mistake 40 ft off the ground on her second lead, pulled two pieces, and landed on her head. Her climbing friends who were there cheering her on weren't very happy with their decision.

Just a little anecdotal information there. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

quote:

Originally posted by NadiavonMagdenko:
I am new to Seattle and pretty new to climbing. I am looking for cool, safe people to climb with, and would greatly appreciate any takers.

Nadia

lots of cool, taker type people to climb with here but, safe is subjective, (how much would you trust someone you don't really know to belay you)

nothing wrong with leaning to lead as a newbie if you are comfortable with and understand the potential consequences, we are all learning new stuff almost every time we climb. cool.gif" border="0

Nadia:

You may want to provide more informaton as far as your experience, the type of climbing you want to do (sport, ice, alpine, basic mountainering, etc.) And also include what your avaiability is, roughly anyway. Are you a weekend only person? Weekdays?

Info like that will help those out there that might be willing to help.

Good luck....