do mythos rock shoes stretch?

genepires

I am on the fence with sizing for these. I heard they stretch a lot so I would want them to be real tight at first. But I need to know if these shoes stretch much lengthwise as my toes are curled up on size 9 but not on 9.5. If they stretch along the length (which I doubt) then I would need a 9.

For those of you who use the mythos, how do they stretch and any advice on sizing?

thanks

gene

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had two pairs of them and I believe the first pair DID stretch lenghtwise a little bit but mostly they just became sloppy, which is probably largely laeral. I bought the second pair painfully tight, with my toes curled up, and I never was able to wear them comfortably though due to foot problems my street shoe size is now a size and a half bigger and I'm buying rock shoes bigger as well.

mine stretched a bit lengthwise, but most of the stretch was lateral. I bought the size that gave a comfortable, toes-flat fit out of the box, and within a year they were sloppy. However, now they work great for alpine routes- they fit nice'n tight with a thin wool sock.

Mythos are speced (or they used to be) out for the leather they use on the uppers to come from the belly portion of the cow (which obviously stretches/contracts as they eat and digest). They're also unlined. Ergo, they stretch a ton. I'm a size 9 on a brannock and I wear a 39.5 Mythos that have gone from very, very tight to nearly-sloppy.