AAC Cascade Section 2009 Annual Dinner

olyclimber

44.jpg

American Alpine Club Cascade Section 2009 Annual Dinner

Red Hook Brewery, Woodinville, March 15, 2009

The Cascade Section of the American Alpine Club will be having its annual dinner again this year at the Weatherman's Room of the Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville, WA on Sunday, March 15, 2009 from 6:00-9:00 PM. The cost for the complete evening including dinner, presentations and door raffles is $37.00 for AAC members and $45.00 for non-members. Advance registration is required (see below) and must be received no later than Thursday, March 12, 2009. Sorry, no cash at the door.

A cash bar will be available starting at 6:00 PM and dinner will be served at 7:00 PM. The menu for the buffer dinner is:

Foreman Dinner Buffet

4.jpg

Mixed Field Greens

Candied walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, cherry tomatoes, red onions,

With ranch & balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Baked Salmon & Artichoke Dip

Served with fennel crackers

Bacon Wrapped Scallops

Three Cheese and Spinach Manicotti

Topped with Marinara Sauce

Dry Rubbed Flat Iron Steak

Blackhook demi gloss

Grilled Asparagus

Drizzled with a chipotle ranch sauce

Warm Dinner Rolls

Assorted Chocolate Brownies

Coffee or Tea

Presentations

Following dinner, attendees will be treated to presentations from leading alpinists including:

"The Road Ahead -The Dissemination of Information, Conservation of Areas We Climb, and Activities that Bring Climbers Together," by Steve Swenson, New President, American Alpine Club.

"High Adventures - Achieving Personal Landmarks on the Infinite Spur and Denali Diamond in Alaska and Fitzroy in Patagonia," by Mark Westman, one of the most prolific Alaskan climbers of our generation.

"Our Mount Rainier - The Transformation of Camp Muir and Update on the Camp Muir Development Concept Plan," by Patti Wold, Camp Muir DCP Project Manager, Rainier National Park.

The evening will conclude with an update on Cascade Section activities by section chairman, Al Schumer, followed by door raffles.

Directions

Redhook Brewery, 14300 NE 145th Street, Woodinville, WA, 98072

· From I-405 N/S, take the Wenatchee/Monroe exit (#23 East) to Hwy 522 East.

· Take the Woodinville exit and stay to the right.

· Turn right on NE 175th.

· Turn left at the four-way stop onto Highway 202.

· Travel approximately two miles.

· The Redhook Brewery is on the left, across the Chateau St. Michelle Winery.

Registration

Please have your credit card ready and call the clubhouse at (303) 384-0110 no later than Thursday, March 12, 2009. Sorry, no cash at the door.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jake:

I'd share a ride with you but I live in NE Seattle so I'd meet you 3/4 of the way there and I'm not going to be in a hurry to come home 'cause my wife is at her sister's house and all I have to look forward to at home is an ornery cat.