Looking for partners -Bella Coola trip summer 2009

Hey all,

I have my sights on a mountain-photo bonanza this summer in the Bella Coola valley area. I'm thinking last week of July or 1st week of August. I need 1 or 2 people to share the heli costs with. I have picked out 2 locations that are sure to be off the hook beautiful. Both are short flights from the airport in Hagensborg. One is the NE shoulder of Mt. Arjuna and the other is the north face of Mt. Nyland. I plan to fly into one spot for 3-4 days then shuttle over to the other spot for another couple of days.

710.jpg139.jpg

Yes these are shitty Google Earth screen shots but it shows you where I am headed. Arjuna is on the top and Nyland on the bottom. This area is known for having some of the most outrageous peaks outside the Waddington/Pantheon/Niut hunk o' lands. Nyland in particular should be a sight to behold as its got a beefy 5,000 foot north face. I have planned a camp on a plateau overlooking the valley with a nice 2,000 foot drop to the valley floor. Now where's that 32 GB card I was looking for?

Flight costs for the trip should be say 2 bills split 3 ways. This trip would be good for climbers, hikers or even beach bums. Hell if you like to take mountain pictures how can you refuse?

Also plan to stop in at the King Ranch (Whitesaddle) for a couple of flights with Dave King. One to this area and past Monarch and the other out to Queen Bess. Damn this is becoming an expensive trip. So help a poor starving photographer out and sign up. Should be about a 10 day to 2 week trip Vancouver to Vancouver.

This will be my 4th summer in a row doing this kind of thing in case ya wanted to know.

Marc are you in?? :-)

Best to call me

604-834-2388

or fire me an email

scottpick@shaw.ca

Edited by ScottPick

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic