republicans= dumb and dumber

glassgowkiss

"Burr and other Republicans are calling on the president to restrain spending, make tough choices and put the nation's fiscal house in order."

i just wonder why they did not say that for the past 8 years. btw there was tax surplus in 2001, when bush took the office. it is your party that gave it away to the richest 1%. so fuck off for now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching news reports this weekend of the recent CPAC Conference and it's outcome its sad to see the Republican Party being co-oped by the icons of fair and balanced commentary Limbaugh and Coulter. These folks need to embrace a couple of simple truths: 1) Leadership of this country is not their god given right; 2)Their way of running the country has not worked, especially from a leadership perspective. After approximately one month in office you call Obama a failure and all you can do is blame the problems of the last eight years on the previous eight, or the last two with a democratic majority in congress. Bottom line, you lost the last election and if you keep alienating the majority and disenfranchising your minority you ain't doing the country any good at all. So, conservatives, how's it feel to be unpatriotic?

i can't say that i'm sad to see limbaugh and coulter at the helm of the repugnik party, but rather that i'm relieved. the two of them are completely out of touch with the mainstream, so as long as they are calling the shots, we won't be seeing a return to repugnik rule for a very long time.

Bottom line, you lost the last election and if you keep alienating the majority and disenfranchising your minority you ain't doing the country any good at all.

Shhhhh!! Keep it down! We don't want them to know how badly they're incestuously fucking themselves into extinction.

...Herbert Clark Hoover (August 10, 1874 – October 20, 1964) was the 31st President of the United States (1929–1933). Besides his political career, Hoover was a professional mining engineer and author. As the United States Secretary of Commerce in the 1920s under Presidents Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge, he promoted government intervention under the rubric "economic modernization". In the presidential election of 1928 Hoover easily won the Republican nomination despite having no previous elected office experience...

Hoover deeply believed in the Efficiency Movement (a major component of the Progressive Era), arguing that a technical solution existed for every social and economic problem. That position was challenged by the Stock market crash of 1929 that took place less than 8 months after Hoover's taking office, and the Great Depression that followed it which gained momentum in 1930. Hoover tried to combat the Depression with volunteer efforts and government action, none of which produced economic recovery during his term...

It's a very different world today.

The left has Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert, the Right has Coulter, Limbauh, and O'Reilly. The left is entertained by humor, the right by anger. The left responds to a particularly well delivered blow with an "Oh God, that was perfect." The right with "Fuck yeah!" or perhaps a simple, "in His name." The left gets its material from footage of the right, the right does the same, but relies more on its psychotic pundits. In this, the left seeks to make the right appear stupid, while the right makes the left appear morally wrong. THe right serves up the same meal of myths: gays are bad, etc..., while the left usually just makes fun of those myths.

I find that the left these days is driven, primarily, by fringe conspiracy theories--and anger. Limbaugh generates more anger from the left than he garners among his own listeners and supporters. As usual, you have it exactly backwards. BTW; while Stewart is funny, most lefties are not, which is why they can't seem to gather enough of an audience to make a go of it financially. (Think Al Franken/Air America.)

Edited by Fairweather

I find that the left these days is driven, primarily, by fringe conspiracy theories--and anger. Limbaugh generates more anger from the left than he garners among his own listeners and supporters. As usual, you have it exactly backwards. BTW; while Stewart is funny, most lefties are not, which is why they can't seem to gather enough of an audience to make a go of it financially. (Think Al Franken.)

You find? sure, the fringe left is driven by fringe theories--same as always, just like the fringe right. your point?

Another great thing about those on the right is that they have all the answers! Right FW? And it only took Obama (Hoover? For realz?) a month to completely fuck up all of the Republican successes of the last eight years.

Read the entire thread slow-da-boy. It's not very long yet, so you should be ok.

I find that the left these days is driven, primarily, by fringe conspiracy theories--and anger. Limbaugh generates more anger from the left than he garners among his own listeners and supporters. As usual, you have it exactly backwards. BTW; while Stewart is funny, most lefties are not, which is why they can't seem to gather enough of an audience to make a go of it financially. (Think Al Franken.)

You find? sure, the fringe left is driven by fringe theories--same as always, just like the fringe right. your point?

That the left is being driven by its fringe! Not Obama, necessarily, but the Dem congress for sure.

Another great thing about those on the right is that they have all the answers! Right FW? And it only took Obama (Hoover? For realz?) a month to completely fuck up all of the Republican successes of the last eight years.

Read the entire thread slow-da-boy. It's not very long yet, so you should be ok.

Thanks for the advice. You were right. It didn't take very long and I learned so much.

I'd love to hear why the Democratic congress is driven by it's "fringe" but I'm sure you're not measuring it against any kind of objective metric or using any type of clear, rationale thought to analyze the veracity of your own ideas so don't hurt yourself trying to articulate your increasingly outdated and irrelevant worldview.

...Herbert Clark Hoover (August 10, 1874 – October 20, 1964) was the 31st President of the United States (1929–1933). Besides his political career, Hoover was a professional mining engineer and author. As the United States Secretary of Commerce in the 1920s under Presidents Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge, he promoted government intervention under the rubric "economic modernization". In the presidential election of 1928 Hoover easily won the Republican nomination despite having no previous elected office experience...

Hoover deeply believed in the Efficiency Movement (a major component of the Progressive Era), arguing that a technical solution existed for every social and economic problem. That position was challenged by the Stock market crash of 1929 that took place less than 8 months after Hoover's taking office, and the Great Depression that followed it which gained momentum in 1930. Hoover tried to combat the Depression with volunteer efforts and government action, none of which produced economic recovery during his term...

What was that thing that Roosevelt had that is widely credited with vitalizing the economy and shortening the Depression? Oh yes, the New Deal.

That the left is being driven by its fringe! Not Obama, necessarily, but the Dem congress for sure.

check this thread for some fringe nonsense:

Slap some Goethe on it and it might impress

i hardly think that even the evil twins Pelosi/Frank want to do away with the monetary system. Maybe they do, but i haven't heard it yet.

What other 'fringe' theories are you speaking of?

[

Thanks for the advice. You were right. It didn't take very long and I learned so much.

I'd love to hear why the Democratic congress is driven by it's "fringe" but I'm sure you're not measuring it against any kind of objective metric or using any type of clear, rationale thought to analyze the veracity of your own ideas, so don't hurt yourself trying to articulate your increasingly outdated and irrelevant worldview.

That's difficult to say, but I do understand that a noun is never used in the place of an adjective to describe another noun. I also understand you were attempting to portray yourself as some kind of intellectual giant by using words like metric in its verb form, but, honestly, the smart lefty minority is nowadays so interchangeable with the poseurs that it is often hard to tell who is the real deal. You're most certainly not.

check this thread for some fringe nonsense:

Slap some Goethe on it and it might impress

i hardly think that even the evil twins Pelosi/Frank want to do away with the monetary system. Maybe they do, but i haven't heard it yet.

What other 'fringe' theories are you speaking of?

I have no idea what this is about, but please, don't let me stand in the way of your straw man stuffing project. Carry on.

Hoover inherited a bucket of shit much worse than what we are in right now. Though it heartens me to see you don't defend him based solely on his party affiliation. It seems to be pretty common across the interwebs right now to make the comparison between Hoover's economic plan and Obama's; but face it the devil is always in the details not one or two comparison points.

Does the current democratic majority in congress really represent the fringe left? If you truly believe so, please share the logic behind your position.

What was that thing that Roosevelt had that is widely credited with vitalizing the economy and shortening the Depression? Oh yes, the New Deal.

Widely credited does not equal reality. What FDR did do right was to articulate a hopeful future even if, in practice, he didn't take us there (economically).

Hoover inherited a bucket of shit much worse than what we are in right now. Though it heartens me to see you don't defend him based solely on his party affiliation. It seems to be pretty common across the interwebs right now to make the comparison between Hoover's economic plan and Obama's; but face it the devil is always in the details not one or two comparison points.

It's ironic that both Harding and Coolidge (Hoover's two predecessors) were laissez-faire in regard to economic policy. I think there are a lot of analogies that are applicable to today's events, but I think the history is pretty clear regarding the path Hoover (Bush) began and FDR (Obama) ratcheted up. It didn't work.