mt buckner

rperitore

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

I met some dude in canada last month that skis shit like that for breakfast after a long night of drinking and smoking weed.

Exactly after a night of drinking, smoking and a nice breakfast. But could he do it after 3 days of humping loads and winter camping? He might, but he also might not want to put up with that kind of bullshit.

I'm sure some no name guy could do it, but I seriously doubt anyone looking for a ski partner on a BB a week before the trip could.

But if he did I'll be the first to buy him a beer. [big Drink]

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:

Exactly after a night of drinking, smoking and a nice breakfast. But could he do it after 3 days of humping loads and winter camping? He might, but he also might not want to put up with that kind of bullshit.

I'm sure some no name guy could do it, but I seriously doubt anyone looking for a ski partner on a BB a week before the trip could.

But if he did I'll be the first to buy him a beer.
[big Drink]

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

I dont know you go ask him. He has skied some burly shit. I dont think many chestbeaters here could keep up. I really do think he would not haul any loads. Pretty sure his style would be to marathon it during good weather\conditions.

Whatever it is alll speculation.

quote:

Rad man 30 miles, 8,000' vert, one day. I'll buy him two beers.

Whatever. He has skied bigger mountains with steeper faces in the Can Rockies... I think it can be done. Lots of people are in great shape. Just because you cannot do it does not mean some other person cannot.

quote:

2 days it is then.
cool.gif" border="0

I bet your buddy wouldn't post on the BB first though. He'd probably just go do it.

I dont think he has a computer or that he would waste his time driving for that peak. Lots more snow where he lives. wink.gif" border="0 Fuck you cant even get the guy to be at home to answer his phone. Even his wife never knows where he is at.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

You know the funny thing is I bet this chute can be skied no problemo. I look back and think just right conditions and person will allow it. I hope he skied it and sprays all over your asses!

In the right conditions, I suppose the east chute could be skiied "no problemo." I wouldn't say that about the west chute. But that's assuming you magically appear on the top with your skis and not a big pack. But you WON'T do that unless you have a helicopter. So if someone skis the North Face of Buckner in winter, I'll call him "bad ass" because it WILL be a "bad ass" trip!

Phil, that so called Grade 4 or 5 ice flow is about the same angle as the right side of the canmore junkyards which we use to practice one tool french technique on. If you took a picture looking up a grade 5 all you would see is about the first 30 feet of the first tier. You need to buy a new tomtom. Your old one is getting worn.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:[QB]

Lots more snow where he lives. /QB]

actully ray, the canadian rockies gets about serioulsy 1/10 to a 1/4 of the snow we get.....thats the banff area where troy boy lives..

and i was talking to some 'skiers' that i know and the buckner trip would be horrible if not unreasonable.....too many better things out there a hell lot closer....

If someone carries my pack and my pasty-white butt to the top of Buckner I’ll do the north face in a plastic saucer.

Incidentally, about 15 years ago, I tried to coax several helicopter outfits to deposit a partner me in the Park for a similar winter project. In addition to the deterrent of committing a Federal offense, none were interested for business reasons either. As one operator put it, “I bill $50,000 in work for the Park Service every year. Why would I want to jeopardize all of that for a dirtbag climber and $500?”

quote:

Originally posted by philfort:

good one... it ain't got no name, because it probably has never been climbed!
grin.gif" border="0

Nice TR Phil! Congrats on a good climb. looks like lots of nice ice up there! How far of a sled ride is it into that zone, how long was the approach? Just curious. Might have to go back and get that other pitch! Doesn't look like huge slopes up above the ice, but enough to cause some fright eh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...