300-Foot Fall at Snoqualmie!

EWolfe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now this is some sort of competition anyone want to partner up on Saturday? I figure one of us can try for the full 900' or so from the final pitch and break pretty much everything. That'll rack up the "style" points for sure.

On a more serious note. Whomever fell was really lucky. I've had friends and aquaintances who've fallen not much 25' and smashed themselves up big time.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember reading this thread last month and wondering what I'd do if I broke my ankle in a fall....turns out I didn't have to wait long for my answer.

Took a fall descending a snow slope on my way down Andromeda last week, caught a crampon point and broke my fibula. We splinted it and I began the long hop out. I knew (from this thread) that I was likely going to do more serious damage (I ended up tearing most of the ligaments in my ankle); but I seriously had no desire to sit passively by and wait for someone to come and get me. It was too late in the day for a chopper to rescue me and I knew that I'd be spending the night out if I didn't get moving. Eventually the wardens caught up to me and I got a snowmobile ride from the Snocoach parking lot to the bottom.

I am looking at a LOOOOOONG rehab now, but I suspect that was going to be the case either way.