• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Ade

Best/favorite Winter routes in the Cascades?

it seems unfair that the volcanoes don't get their due. while most volcano routes are snow-slogs, these are quite nice:

- hood: n face, yocums, illumination rock, black spider

- rainier: ptarmigan, liberty

Thermogenesis on New Year's Day...troll, troll

I see on your winter climbs page there is a ?? for Mount Kent. We did a route on Mount Kent last week-end. Its a great place to go climb in the winter, and when its in, there are tons of fun routes and variations. Well worth a few trips out there during winter. Our TR is here:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=868676

Stuart NW Buttress is entertaining as a winter/mixed route...

NBC on Colchuck sometimes yields ice this time of year...

both the NE Couloir and NW Buttress on Argonaut

NW face of Dragontail - pick a line other than triple couloir until later in the winter

To make it a little more of a challenge, I liked the far west variation of the north face of shuksan, eric wherley &?

Adds some spice, and you probably should use protection.. Hasn't been skied?

Ade, I would love to read over that list but every time I follow the link it takes me to a 3 sentence blog post saying you added a winter routes page. The hyperlink to the "winter routes" page just takes me back to the blog post I'm already on. There is nothing else on the page. Am I missing something? Browser problem? If anyone has an idea let me know.