Ice climbing partner/s needed

icegirl

Will follow just about anything (happily!), have reasonably flexible schedule, don't mind slog fests and river crossings, have gear except dry ropes. (will remedy that soon + a few more ice screws)

smile.gif" border="0

Also might be looking for a ride to the Lillooet ice fest... (I'm harmless enough, and don't take up much space - now my pack, that's a different story) Will split room/gas/etc, and bring beer.

[big Drink]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you're going to end up with about 500 horny bastards responding to your post don't you? grin.gif" border="0 Lets see, I can probably bet a paycheck that Dru and/or Cpt Caveman will be the first (after me, of course). I go to Lillooet every other weekend. As a matter of fact, weekend after this coming weekend (Jan 12/13)my two buds and I are headed up. We are looking for a fourth. You game? If so, send me a private message or email.

-Heinous

ahhh. klingon reveals himself as "horny bastard" #1 wink.gif" border="0

you said it first buddy. i think our ride is pretty full to the lillooet drink o' thon, but if that changes your welcome to come along. i'm harmless myself (as in married) but i'd watch out for the klingon.

as for you capt. kirk... (i love how these names can evolve) if icegirl isn't down let me know and i'll follow you up some slushy fun sometime.

cheers mates

[big Drink]

Let's take a look at the information presented here:

- She swims- She dives- She runs- She cycles- She works out- She is a triathlete- She boulders- She climbs rock (sport and trad)- She climbs ice- She eats raw crustaceans- She has her own gear- She crosses rivers- She battles brush- She brings the beer- She looks nothing like the female gym teachers from high school and indeed appears to be very easy on the eyes- And she wants to share a room???

This is either the best troll ever (complete with a website), or the stuff that climber-dude dreams are made of.

But which is it? Mr. Caveman, is that you???

wink.gif" border="0

-LorenLame-ass skierMountaineers Reject

Not a troll smile.gif" border="0 (though you are correct, it would be a pretty entertaining, well concocted one if it were)

cascadeclimber, I think I have pictures of you and Jens left over from a trip to Lillooet almost a year ago... smile.gif" border="0

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: icegirl ]

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: icegirl ]

See, I warned you IceGirl. HORNY BASTARDS! Now, as for me, no need to worry my dear. For I am a perfect gentlemen. I only have one thing on my mind...CLIMBING! Now, are you going to respond to my reply about climbing ice this weekend or not? Were you serious or were you trolling? Are you a wannabe or a hard iceclimbing fem fatale? Either shit or get off the pot, otherwise, next time you post on this site for a partner, people will just laugh (although the usual horny bastards will probably respond).

-Heinous

Working the 12-13th.

On call the 18th (so can't go anywhere until 7am Saturday morning which kind of hoses weekend trip to Lillooet)

Working Sunday the 27th.

No scheduled shifts in February yet. Figure the ice will be better then considering the current warm rainy weather...

Gotta work some shifts so I can get my dry ropes and replace the little motor on the transfer case that makes my 4 WD work. (it's been a very reliable FORD up until now)

frown.gif" border="0

Originally posted by icegirl:[QB] Gotta work some shifts so I can get my dry ropes and replace the little motor on the transfer case that makes my 4 WD work. (it's been a very reliable FORD up until now)_________________________________________________

That motor went out on 2 of my buddies Rangers. It's a weak link, much like Caveman. Once you replace it be sure to kick it into 4x4 for a few miles at least a couple times a month. Good luck finding a pard. Trask smile.gif" border="0

________

Yeah, I wish I'd know that beforehand... (Beating on it with a hammer has done no good to unfreeze it - a mechanic friends advice) Supposedly it's some nylon piece that wears down, that can be replaced with a piece of hose if you are good with cars. (I'm not, as illustrated by the hammer)I hear I can get one cheap at a junkyard (like $80 vs. $400 at the dealership)

a great website on the topic:http://www.glue.umd.edu/~singletn/web/pages/tcase.html

I've had some good leads (as far as climbing partners) now it's all a matter of schedules and this damn warm stretch to pass...

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:
isn't he some country singer...

Or another female climber who used to have a strong attraction to frozen waterfalls and other steep forms of ice and would jump on any opportunity to climb them. One might say a 'near fatal' attraction. Or an unstable frame of mind.

climb ice. be safe. have fun. and have luck on your side if the undesired happens. rolleyes.gif" border="0

oh, I am looking for women to climb/tele with. If you're into winter mountaineering, send a private email.

cheers michaeljosephnozel. happy climbing to you. smile.gif" border="0

-icedancer1

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:

Gotta work some shifts so I can get my dry ropes and replace the little motor on the transfer case that makes my 4 WD work. (it's been a very reliable FORD up until now)

frown.gif" border="0

During an especially hard snowfall, I was coming home from work, turned on to the gravel road I live on, and tried to shift (electronic) into 4X4.....nothing happened. I really struggled just to get to my house.

After troubleshooting it electrically, I had it narrowed down to the transfer case motor. I called the local (small town) Ford dealer and asked him how much a motor would cost. Before he gave me a price, he suggested that I try something first. He said, this will sound a little corny, but try to tap on the motor with a hammer a few times and see if it frees up. Apparently, after some time of non-use, the thing will freeze up.

I went outside and gave the thing a few good raps, fired up the engine and the 4X4 high/low worked fine !!!

I called the dealer right back and told the guy that I appreciated his honesty, and that he had my business from now on.....

(BTW, I got 4X4 manual on my F350.....) ...hope this helps, trask smile.gif" border="0