Anyone on the Facebook?

marylou

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasting time here is one thing, but seriously, Matt, adults who hang out on networking sites are usually lacking the personality traits which allow them to connect with real people in the real world. Please tell me you're not one of them. BTW; you sound angrier than usual this morning. Everything OK?

Fairweather, you're kidding - right? You can piss on somebody else's campfire all you want but you can't pretend that you are into "real world connections" and that is not to be found on a site like cc.com or, for that mattter, facebook. Suggesting you have superior social skills is questionnable, as well. You've been on this site for eight years and it was big news when you went for a climb with Off White one day. Show up for a single slideshow, spring picnic, group outing, pub club gathering, or ropeup in the year 2009 and maybe you can make a friend. Unless, of course, you are so wildly in demand that you don't have room for any more friends.

There was a guy on NPR this morning talking about how "smarm" is destroying our ability to communicate because it tends to isolate us from each other and it blocks further discussion. Hence, I combine my witty rejoinder with an invitation: I'd sincerely like to see Fairweather show up at a cc.com social event some time.

Wasting time here is one thing, but seriously, Matt, adults who hang out on networking sites are usually lacking the personality traits which allow them to connect with real people in the real world. Please tell me you're not one of them. BTW; you sound angrier than usual this morning. Everything OK?

actually, it's kind of fun.

If enough people were on Facebook around the world, it could put an end to war as we know it.

Yes, an end to war as we currently know it. But then we would be warring on teh internets. It would be a horrific cyber-war, leading to the eventual rise of the machines, which would ultimately rid the planet of humans, thereby entirely skipping the Zombie Invasion phase of our preordained history.

then the machines would rise and take over, thereby entirely skipping the zombie invasion phase of our preordained history.

dude, the facebook IS the zombie invasion phase - we're living it now - did you see how fast every fucktard came up w/ their own "25 special things about the unique snowflake that i am" note?!?

brains, brains, brains!

There was a guy on NPR this morning talking about how "smarm" is destroying our ability to communicate because it tends to isolate us from each other and it blocks further discussion. Hence, I combine my witty rejoinder with an invitation: I'd sincerely like to see Fairweather show up at a cc.com social event some time.

Actually, I think it was "snark". Same diff, really, 'cep Smarm's a little creepier and snark's a little more sarcastic.

I'm really enjoying running into people i've lost touch with over they years, and unlike forums in general, people are generally nice to each other.

I have to agree with Matt that FW would probably not enjoy the benefits of FB--but hey, it's not for everyone.

Fairweather, you're kidding - right? You can piss on somebody else's campfire all you want but you can't pretend that you are into "real world connections" and that is not to be found on a site like cc.com or, for that mattter, facebook. Suggesting you have superior social skills is questionnable, as well. You've been on this site for eight years and it was big news when you went for a climb with Off White one day. Show up for a single slideshow, spring picnic, group outing, pub club gathering, or ropeup in the year 2009 and maybe you can make a friend. Unless, of course, you are so wildly in demand that you don't have room for any more friends.

Ok, so maybe you have a point. I've never considered this site any kind of a social networking gig, but I have made several friends here (who have just notified me they would prefer to remain anonymous :wazup:). Maybe the 'teen-stigma' I have attached to MySpace and Facebook is misplaced or outdated, but I will say that the two sites once provided my wife and I a window into the lives of our kids that we otherwise would have missed. :blush: And, BTW Matt, I did go to a pub club once. At The Swiss in Tacoma--which, I believe, is the last time the event was held here 4 or five years ago.

At The Swiss in Tacoma--which, I believe, is the last time the event was held here 4 or five years ago.

I think its HIGH time we had a Pub club down here...again... I did NOT make tha last one but if it were to happen again, i would make all attempts to come AND bring my good buddy chirp.

I named a sewage plant after one of my non CC friends on Facebook.

There are some cool things about that site. I'd lost contact with a buddy of mine from my stay in Colorado in the early 90s. Now I know what he's been doing over the last few years.

I believe a Tacoma Pub Club needs a local advocate. In the past Eric and Raindawg would stand up for the City of Destiny. In these times even Seattle Pub Clubs are almost nonexistent. I think they relied on the backing of Schuldtzy for their dominance.