Anyone on the Facebook?

marylou

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined last month and all these people came out of the woodwork to be my friends. Some I knew (Hi Geoff! :wave: ) but I mean, come on, I barely met Steve House one time in Yosemite cause a guy I was camping with knew him and he stopped, I'm suspicious that 15 min after I join facebook he wants to be my friend. Some of those folks I don't even know if I'd ever heard of at all.

What are you putting on your profile, Halifax? I figure anything I put on the Internet, whether it is "public" or not, is prone to being downloaded, reproduced, and made available in some fashion that I might not foresee or approve if I was actually asked about it. To me, the obvious best practice is just not to put anything private in your profile.

I never understood why anyone over 30 would have a MySpace or Facebook account. I guess that's just me. But here is some food for thought:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,494064,00.html

" Once a Facebook member, always a member.

The Consumerist blog noticed Sunday that the social-networking giant had quietly made a change to its user Terms of Service (TOS) on Feb. 4.

Facebook now declares that it has a perpetual license to use anything you post to your own Facebook page — even if you terminate your account."

Quite honestly, Fairweather, I don't think you'd like it anyway. Facebook is for folks who want to connect with a broad circle of friends but it is not such a great place as cc.com to entertain yourself by farting in church or poking people in the eye. Abe Lincoln is a war criminal and I can beat you to the top of Mailbox Peak won't draw much attention over there and guarding your anonymity kind of defeats the point. Having been a daily poster around here for seven or eight years, but avoiding any pub club gathering, slideshow, spring picnic, or ropeup makes it fairly clear that you aren't into the networking aspect of this site.

Wasting time here is one thing, but seriously, Matt, adults who hang out on networking sites are usually lacking the personality traits which allow them to connect with real people in the real world.

Are you serious? Bro what do you think cc.com is? It is a way to “connect” and “network” with other people with the same interest. Mostly climbing…….how else would you have met your buddy kkkkk? This statement is utterly ridiculous considering your 5000 posts here. Your hypocrisy is astounding.