• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Stewart

Pictures of Whippers

Anybody have any or know where to get some pics of whippers?

I have a Power Point Presentation due for my class and My Teacher wants me to include a 2 minute explanation of how I broke my leg via whipper.

Thanks

funny how dean can take falls over and over and never get hurt. sorry to hear bout yer fall dude.

thanks Kev I got that one, but was trying to just use a picture so I don't have to use valuable time with a video, even though I could just show the last 20sec. I did find this one thats pretty good.456322150_aa03a20877.jpg

no pix, but i could tape record a good version of the sound i made when i took my Huge Whipper this weekend :)

saw your stuff still hanging there john - glad you didnt' add insult to injury by crashing all the way back down to the ground and getting 3 billion shards of ancient coke bottles embedded in your flesh!

yeah pink, the fall in that video looks simular to the first time I broke my leg. However beacon has all those little arete's ledges and what not. Those are my curse.

thanks Kev I got that one, but was trying to just use a picture so I don't have to use valuable time with a video, even though I could just show the last 20sec. I did find this one thats pretty good.456322150_aa03a20877.jpg

that's alright i reckon, but you pretty much need to have series of shots for it to convey the idea - wasn't there a thread last year about some giant fall at red rocks or indian creek? dude decked in it - i think there werea lot of stills in it too.

yeah pink, the fall in that video looks simular to the first time I broke my leg. However beacon has all those little arete's ledges and what not. Those are my curse.

dean is pretty close that wall..... u have bad luck.

Yeah Ivan, I was attempting to go up the arete. I had my drill on a tag line, I figured 1 to 2 bolts until the fern filled crack near the top. Besides all the garbage, will probably be a pretty good line.

Think I'm done with the ground-up business. But we'll see. Ground up is the coolest!

Jon

ivan said "that's alright i reckon, but you pretty much need to have series of shots for it to convey the idea - wasn't there a thread last year about some giant fall at red rocks or indian creek? dude decked in it - i think there werea lot of stills in it too."

That's what I'm talking about. a Series of photo's

the indian creek climber was on "ruby's cafe," like 13a. he pulled a TCU or two out as he fell and then crashed down on his ass next to the belayer and a bystander. i remember some drivel from the peanut gallery hardmen about how blue and not yellow TCUs go where he placed his undercammed yellows. and there are a lot of stills. google it, stewart.

the indian creek climber was on "ruby's cafe," like 13a. he pulled a TCU or two out as he fell and then crashed down on his ass next to the belayer and a bystander. i remember some drivel from the peanut gallery hardmen about how blue and not yellow TCUs go where he placed his undercammed yellows. and there are a lot of stills. google it, stewart.

The other one WAS at red rocks. He was climbing the 5.9 at the end of the black corridor across from the stout short 5.11a. He grounded from 40 feet up.

Think I'm done with the ground-up business. But we'll see. Ground up is the coolest!

Jon

Ain't worth dying over. Folks left your stuff up there in case you want to check it out later yourself, if you want it pulled off now just say and one of us can take care of it. Here's some that might work for you Jon:

Falling1l.JPG

1709-large_Smith%252520DeTour_2007-09%252520014-resize.jpg

explosion.jpg

I have a ground up story from the Ozone. There's probably a reason it's called "Ground up" if looking at my arm then was an indication. I have a route name for you already "After the Fall". Sort of a "Flying Dutchman" variation:-) You can ask Jim on that one.

Here ya are bra, hope this helps for the PP presentation.

Jons_route_after_the_fall.jpg

Ground up routes are usually left unfinished. I think it is irresponsible as a route setter to ground up a route. For the most part. It is more bold for sure.......I am sure I will get hords of crap for this statement. I am prepared.

Ground up routes are usually left unfinished. I think it is irresponsible as a route setter to ground up a route. For the most part. It is more bold for sure.......I am sure I will get hords of crap for this statement. I am prepared.

i agree sir edmund hillary was so irresponsible for climbing everest ground up. it could be so much better of a route if done summit down. ;)

How does one rap a hike?

LTA12G3.jpg

Hike the rap. What? Never heard of a HAHO jump?

High Altitude/High Opening (HAHO)

JKLife.jpg

hz67.jpg

gryphon.jpg

Here ya are bra, hope this helps for the PP presentation.

Jons_route_after_the_fall.jpg

funny, doesn't look as inspiring to me all of a sudden

jon

what is a whipper anyway? what is the criteria? i assume that there is some whipping involved......