Pictures of Whippers

Stewart

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no pix, but i could tape record a good version of the sound i made when i took my Huge Whipper this weekend :)

saw your stuff still hanging there john - glad you didnt' add insult to injury by crashing all the way back down to the ground and getting 3 billion shards of ancient coke bottles embedded in your flesh!

thanks Kev I got that one, but was trying to just use a picture so I don't have to use valuable time with a video, even though I could just show the last 20sec. I did find this one thats pretty good.456322150_aa03a20877.jpg

that's alright i reckon, but you pretty much need to have series of shots for it to convey the idea - wasn't there a thread last year about some giant fall at red rocks or indian creek? dude decked in it - i think there werea lot of stills in it too.

Yeah Ivan, I was attempting to go up the arete. I had my drill on a tag line, I figured 1 to 2 bolts until the fern filled crack near the top. Besides all the garbage, will probably be a pretty good line.

Think I'm done with the ground-up business. But we'll see. Ground up is the coolest!

Jon

ivan said "that's alright i reckon, but you pretty much need to have series of shots for it to convey the idea - wasn't there a thread last year about some giant fall at red rocks or indian creek? dude decked in it - i think there werea lot of stills in it too."

That's what I'm talking about. a Series of photo's

the indian creek climber was on "ruby's cafe," like 13a. he pulled a TCU or two out as he fell and then crashed down on his ass next to the belayer and a bystander. i remember some drivel from the peanut gallery hardmen about how blue and not yellow TCUs go where he placed his undercammed yellows. and there are a lot of stills. google it, stewart.

the indian creek climber was on "ruby's cafe," like 13a. he pulled a TCU or two out as he fell and then crashed down on his ass next to the belayer and a bystander. i remember some drivel from the peanut gallery hardmen about how blue and not yellow TCUs go where he placed his undercammed yellows. and there are a lot of stills. google it, stewart.

The other one WAS at red rocks. He was climbing the 5.9 at the end of the black corridor across from the stout short 5.11a. He grounded from 40 feet up.

Think I'm done with the ground-up business. But we'll see. Ground up is the coolest!

Jon

Ain't worth dying over. Folks left your stuff up there in case you want to check it out later yourself, if you want it pulled off now just say and one of us can take care of it. Here's some that might work for you Jon:

Falling1l.JPG

1709-large_Smith%252520DeTour_2007-09%252520014-resize.jpg

explosion.jpg

I have a ground up story from the Ozone. There's probably a reason it's called "Ground up" if looking at my arm then was an indication. I have a route name for you already "After the Fall". Sort of a "Flying Dutchman" variation:-) You can ask Jim on that one.

Here ya are bra, hope this helps for the PP presentation.

Jons_route_after_the_fall.jpg

Ground up routes are usually left unfinished. I think it is irresponsible as a route setter to ground up a route. For the most part. It is more bold for sure.......I am sure I will get hords of crap for this statement. I am prepared.

i agree sir edmund hillary was so irresponsible for climbing everest ground up. it could be so much better of a route if done summit down. ;)