looking for belay pardn'r

imorris

Looking for someone to climb with Tues/Thurs evenings (around 8ish to 10ish) and other random days at PDX rock gym. [sleep] Fairly new to sport climbing, coming from an alpine mtn'ing background. I'm not a big gym fan, but it's something to do. I've been a member a couple months and haven't bothered to get checked out for belaying there yet! Getting sick of bouldering. [sleep]

-Iain

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally train Mon and Thurs. I typically stretch, warm up with some traversing laps and then boulder interspersing traverse laps. This winter I'll likely be only bouldering one of those two days (Monday probably)and concentrating on vertical mileage for endurance the other day. If you want to run laps on TR on Thursdays we might be able to pair up. I'll forwarn you though, I like to run laps on the crack- climbing and downclimbing for as long as I can hang in there. I think leading in the gym is a waste of time unless you're new to leading, so I won't be...but if that's your scene I don't care what you're doing while I'm belaying.