Fear.........

Peter_Puget

So has the promise of another Great Depression become the next imminent threat? Whadya say? No time for debate we must pass a bill today!

Oh and by the way remember that study in the Lancet a few years ago claiming 650k Iraqis died since the US invasion? Here’s an update: http://www.aapor.org/aaporfindsgilbertburnhaminviolationofethicscode

Strange eh?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was gonna be about Fear

"Let's Have a War!"

:rawk:

Let's have a war

So you can go and die!

Let's have a war!

We could all use the money!

Let's have a war!

We need the space!

Let's have a war!

Clean out this place!

It already started in the city!

Suburbia will be just as easy!

[Chorus]

Let's have a war!

Jack up the Dow Jones!

Let's have a war!

It can start in New Jersey!

Let's have a war!

Blame it on the middle-class!

Let's have a war!

We're like rats in a cage!

[Chorus]

Let's have a war!

Sell the rights to the networks!

Let's have a war!

Let our wallets get fat like last time!

Let's have a war!

Give guns to the queers!

Let's have a war!

The enemy's within!

Edited by G-spotter

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Obama said:

Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse.

Sounds kinda like global warming......

CBO Says:

CBO, the official scorekeepers for legislation, said the House and Senate bills will help in the short term but result in so much government debt that within a few years they would crowd out private investment, actually leading to a lower Gross Domestic Product over the next 10 years than if the government had done nothing.

link

Why not do something simple and immediate like:

get rid of employer payroll tax

extend unemployment

Hmmmmmmm read what the CBO aid told the HP and then checkkout this paragraph immediately below in the HP article:

The CBO numbers were given to a small number of congressional Democrats and Republicans, but were not posted online because they're not an official CBO product. (Media outlets, while reporting widely about the "report," have declined to post it online. Here's the whole thing.)

Now consider this:

CBO numbers were given to a small number of congressional Democrats and Republicans

We did not issue any report, any analysis or any study

How honest is that CBO aid....my guess he is relying on a nonstandard definition of the word "issue" in order to sleep at night.

I would also not that the AP reported on this before the "Moonie" Times. J_B doesnt state that because he can't resist the opportunity to call someone names..yet again...

they're not an official CBO product

and the rest of the article tells how the numbers concerned a fraction of the package, which has since been changed. The article I cited was written on Jan 23, while the Moonie Times managed to reprint the same garbage more than a week later. As I said, we can always count on them to muddy the waters and throw their weight with the scoundrels.

I almost let this one go: "J_B doesnt state that because he can't resist the opportunity to call someone names..yet again..."

PP who has spent the better part of the last decade calling out imagined commies and terrorists on this board, now think it is a bad thing to call a propaganda rag, owned by reverend Moon himself, the Moonie Times. Note, this "newspaper" has not made a penny and has lost 10's of millions since Moon bought it more than 20 years ago. Ah, yes, I forgot: it was required reading for the Reagan administration.

In fact, according to the Washington Post, as of 2002 Moon had spent 1.7 billions in subsidies on the Washington Times. In turn the COlumbia Journalism Review said it was 2 billions as of 2002. I'd say the man has an agenda ... which doesn't include reporting the news.

as of 2006: The GOP $3 billion propaganda organ

Edited by j_b

Isn't it interesting that PP finally learned the concept of fear mongering. After 8 years of 'nucular holocaust' rhetoric and much more in the same vein, PP now decided that it'd be nice to portray Obama as a fear monger (never mind the 600,000 who lost their jobs in January alone)

this thread is like 3rd grade all over again except without long division

I know that arguing toe to toe with the rightwing is distasteful to people like you but you fail to realize that 3rd grade level rhetoric and below is what has set this country's course for decades now. Millions listen to fucking rush limbaugh and until you recognize that fact and get your pretty hands dirty, the barbarians will keep running all over you.

this thread is like 3rd grade all over again except without long division

I know that arguing toe to toe with the rightwing is distasteful to people like you but you fail to realize that 3rd grade level rhetoric and below is what has set this country's course for decades now. Millions listen to fucking rush limbaugh and until you recognize that fact and get your pretty hands dirty, the barbarians will keep running all over you.

you really are a complete fucking nut :noway:

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Bene Jesuit WITCH!