SAR near Ozone?

DavidHiers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I missing here.....?

ditto

what's to miss? - a dude some of us know fell and busted himself up good - he doesn't much want attention, which is understandable i reckon - the bottom line is he'll live. getting the man out to ozone or anywhere in the gorge to assist on an accident is unnerving since it probably wouldnt' take much to bring his big black cock of closure out, so let's not talk about it, eh?

what's to miss? - a dude some of us know fell and busted himself up good - he doesn't much want attention, which is understandable i reckon - the bottom line is he'll live. getting the man out to ozone or anywhere in the gorge to assist on an accident is unnerving since it probably wouldnt' take much to bring his big black cock of closure out, so let's not talk about it, eh?

But yet you have 2 posts on the thread:-) David, to clarify your post, would you say....was it the near side or the far side of Ozone? :whistle:

....and I wasn't even going to post....now, do you want to see some pictures? :whistle: (kidding, kidding)

Sending :brew: happy and heal up fast thoughts here as well....

Side note: it always shocks me that it can easily take 2 or 3 hours to pull a person out of what would otherwise be an easy 10 min walk, and it's a good reminder for us all to show up prepared....I'm only talking about ME here, and maybe directing this to Ivan as well, but it's about ME. It's a reminder to me to consider this in light of my own near deadly stupidity solo experience at Jimmys last spring. I've taken to stuffing a headlamp into my "trad" chalkbag and not going chalkless like I use to always do, right in that zipper there and having an extra coat nearby as well for that next frozen solo evening stuck on a wall in the middle of no-fu*king where while stupidly soloing day....

But that's me, your results may vary.

But yet you have 2 posts on the thread:-) David, would you say....was it the Near Side or the Far Side of Ozone?

Def. the FAR Side of the zone. Lots of hubb-ub going on when I passed by that day. Hope he is healing well.

Was at the Drop-Zone Proper Wall and took a 15ft fall. I was aid climbing and had a zipper not too far off the deck. I hit a ledge and broke my fib/tib of the same leg I broke under 2yrs ago. This time a little bit worse, my foot was dangling loose below my leg. Embarassing, I know! I lowered myself down to the ground and began constructing a make-shift splint for my leg. After I realize I wasn't going to be able to hike out, we called 911. SAR is great! They bring you morphine when your in a pinch and as far as I could tell I could have as much as I wanted. They were all stoked to see the rock wall as well as interested in the climbing we were doing. They all had climbing experience.

At the hospital the Doc lifted up my kneecap, drilled out the marrow, and hammered in a 10mm diameter titanium rod down the length of my bone. He say's it will be real hard to break in the future! Lucky me! On to the right leg!

I'd like to say I learned something, but I'm not so sure. Maybe next time I'll bolt the crack.

The injury wasn't as bad as you might think. However, in the hospital I learned that I have a high tolorance for pain and not a high tolorance to the drugs they were giving me. The drip with the button to press is pretty cool. They kept asking me what my pain was on a scale of 1 to 10. I would say 5. Then they would ask why I wasn't hitting the morphine button. I would reply that "I wasn't interested in sleeping anymore and 5 isn't that bad, is it? Plus there's a basketball game on tonight."

PEACE OUT BUDDHA OR WHOEVER!

Stewart

boocoux_headwall_1_.JPG

Ryan Sund on BooCoux (5.9)

Was at the Drop-Zone Proper Wall and took a 15ft fall. I was aid climbing and had a zipper not too far off the deck. I hit a ledge and broke my fib/tib of the same leg I broke under 2yrs ago. This time a little bit worse, my foot was dangling loose below my leg. Embarassing, I know! I lowered myself down to the ground and began constructing a make-shift splint for my leg. After I realize I wasn't going to be able to hike out, we called 911. SAR is great! They bring you morphine when your in a pinch and as far as I could tell I could have as much as I wanted. They were all stoked to see the rock wall as well as interested in the climbing we were doing. They all had climbing experience.

At the hospital the Doc lifted up my kneecap, drilled out the marrow, and hammered in a 10mm diameter titanium rod down the length of my bone. He say's it will be real hard to break in the future! Lucky me! On to the right leg!

I'd like to say I learned something, but I'm not so sure. Maybe next time I'll bolt the crack.

The injury wasn't as bad as you might think. However, in the hospital I learned that I have a high tolorance for pain and not a high tolorance to the drugs they were giving me. The drip with the button to press is pretty cool. They kept asking me what my pain was on a scale of 1 to 10. I would say 5. Then they would ask why I wasn't hitting the morphine button. I would reply that "I wasn't interested in sleeping anymore and 5 isn't that bad, is it? Plus there's a basketball game on tonight."

PEACE OUT BUDDHA OR WHOEVER!

Stewart

boocoux_headwall_1_.JPG

Ryan Sund on BooCoux (5.9)

hope you got the high definition wide screen with the morphine cocktail drink that had the little umbrella served by a blond miniskirted princess nurse wearing an ultrashort skirt, high heals, no panites and a push-up wonderbra. so did you get to see the game?

HI John! Glad to see you up and about. I didn't have your number, but should you need anything, ride, magazine etc etc, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hopefully you're all healed or heading that way, and will be out and about soon. If you get totally bored, I'm getting out to the gun range some these days, in fact, just came back and finished cleaning my pistols moments ago and will smell like gun oil all night I suspect, so if you need something to do while you heal, speak up as guests are fine out there. I'm stocked up in case the Zombies do attack, but it's nice to be able to put a hole where you want. Kyles already been coming out and schooling me on how to shoot.

Let me know if you need anything at all and I'll be there for you. :wave:

Hospitals have nice Teli's! Considering an upgrade at home while I'm here for the next few months.

I've been shootin guns with my soon to be father in law. He's got my favorite's. 30.30 Winchester and a Dirty Harry .357 all shiny and what not. Also has a couple classic 6 shooters. I'm not much of a gun guy, but there's something spiritual about your reflection in a .357 magnum.

Stewart

last time i was in the back of an ambulance i seem to recall calling the tech dude "bartender" and having so much morphine i turned into my mother in law, all sentimental and blubbery! :noway:

Last time I was in the back of an ambulance, I split my scalp open on the doorjamb on the way out of it. It was the tech dudes who turned into your mother-in-law, getting all blubbery and wanting to give me a ride to the hospital! :noway::laf: