Denali

Scott_Hoelscher

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Scott Hoelscher:
Been to the summits of some, most or all of the Cascade volcanoes? Ready to take the next big step in mountaineering? We are 2 experienced Portland area climbers organizing a Denali expedition for late May/early June 2002 and need 2-3 strong, ambitious climbers to join. If you are interested in this once in a life time experience....
[Wazzup]

The next big step in mountaineering?? Wow you've climbed most of the volcanoes rolleyes.gif" border="0 ..Once in a lifetime experience [sleep] Your mom said that about sleeping with me.

You know Scott it's great you're so psyched to climb Denali, but in reality if your climbing up the butt (see sprayictionary) it's just a long, dangerous, and cold walk in the snow with a herd of other climbers.

Good luck and take a pill

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

I was wondering what I was going to do with that extra 1.5 million I had sitting around. I mean those kung-fu grip Harry Potter Ice Tools I just got set me back a little. Still, I should have just have enough to purchase those special edition Sandy Pittman rinestone laden pink onesport's for my trip. Oh, do know if there are any porter's I can hire to carry me up if I get a little winded.

My 2 cents.

If you're going to go through all the expense and logistics to climb Denali, pick a route other than the Butt (assuming you have intermediate mountaineering skills, can operate without a guide, and have been higher than 15,000', I would recommend Muldrow Glacier, its a bit of a walk just to the Glacier, but less crowded than the Butt)

I think its real sad when modern internet climbers go online to find partners for a trip to Alaska, and they end up jumping head over heels when a woman responds to them.

Thanks for your nice personal messages, but you boys should check out user profiles before you respond. Dave and I don't climb any more. If you knew any climbing history you would be able to figure it out.

Have fun chasing the girls at 14,000' camp.

Kathy tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
They just wanna get laid at basecamp Kathy
[laf]

Frozen necrophilia? I cant explain the joke more than that but maybe you should ask whoever is lurking behind "Kathy" (Bonzo??) about the first free ascent of Cocaine Crack. [laf]