Winter Climbing

climbing4fun2000

OK, so here's the deal...one of my climbing partners is not real excited about winter climbing, option 2 does not have the gear for it and option 3 can only go on the weekends. None of these are really working for me. So I am looking for someone to do some winter climbing with. Nothing too extreme, unless you won't mind a rookie (I've been climbing for 2 years Helens (spring 1, summer 2), Hood (south side x2), Adams (Mazama glacier).

I am really wanting to climb, but the whole partner with similar enthusiasm thing is turning out to be a hard thing to find. My goal was, and still is Aconcagua and Denali, and if those go well I would love to try Cho Oyu as my "Dream Climb". Anywho, neither of my climb partners share this desire and so here I am...all dressed up and no place to go. Some of the routes I would like to consider this winter are: Hood (Wy'East, Leuthold Couloir, Cooper Spur), Adams (North ridge, West ridge, Northwest ridge), and the Fuhrer Thumb on Rainier next spring. As you can see I want to progress. I work m-f but can get a day or two off with short notice i.e. when conditions are good, so I am looking for someone to hook up with.

I have some gear (rope 9mm, 2 ice screws, snow pickets, biners, draws) and I have the desire, now I just need a good solid, reliable partner. Or someone with the same number of screws loose rolling around in his/her cranium.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic