Complete North Ridge of Stuart

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok officespace, obviously you have absolutely no sense of humor. I never insulted or threatened you whatsoever, you are just taking a bunch of sarcastic remarks personaly. Why don't you just stay in you cubicle where you will be nice and safe, and GET OVER IT.

Dru, did chongo haul the Asian girl up the route!?

Lambone,

I really hate to run across your type in the mtns as you are renegade climbers it seems. I can only take any of your comments seriously considering I don't know who you are. Don't try to act like you are all of a sudden my buddy because you are not and I have no desire to hear your threats or sarchastic remarks. Again I think that maybe you are a young kid that likes to boast about your climbs and asking for my resume so perhaps you can compare and make this a game of some sort.

I can only assume your motives are unpure and devious after the dropping rocks comments. There is nothing to get over Lambone. Perhaps you are surprised that some old geezer that does not climb all day in a gym might show you up?? I take my climbing safety seriously and and don't treat it as a game.

Obviously you take the internet as seriously as your climbing!

Yes, I am a renagade climber. I learned my tactics from Mad Max himself. I like to wear black leather and chains. And I bust out my whip whenever some one gets near me.

Whats up with the age discrimination? Don't forget, I am not the one who offered my climbing resume...you are. And I said I will try Not to knock rocks on your head. And I meant that...

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I just think your comments are funny, and I have nothing to do until I head to work in an hour.

I think she hauled him up using the 3:1 Chongo hauling ratchet. And he hauled a haulbag full of OE 800.

Hey Office Spuice, you need a chill pill, don't let La Mbone get to you, and drop the threats of lawsuits if any rocks fall down, know how hard that one would be to win in court?

girlz chill out, shit man you all remind me of when i was the shcool yard bully and picking on anyone not wearing stussy. crying just cause you think you might get hit.

i hope you guys epic and have to spoon in a snow storm.

some guy i climbed with in yose named don reid showed me the new topo. i doubt he knows what he is talking about. he was old.

[This message has been edited by erik (edited 07-24-2001).]

quote:

Originally posted by OfficeSpace:

I will inform you that making threats such as dropping rocks onto us from above is something I will take seriously. If in fact I have anything fall on us be prepared to face some court actions based on those statements.

You got to be joking, not even Judge Judy would let that fly in her court. Who ya gonna sue if the weather goes sour? Steve Pool?

I've got a story for yall, some more clutter on Spacey's thread!

A few years back when I was living in Montana, a guy was charged with man-slaughter or something because he trundled rocks on a party below. It was on Granite Peak in the Beartooths. Two guys were up on top supposedly trying to clear loose rock of the top of the North Face. What they didn't realize was that a party was just starting the route a couple thousand feet below. Tragicaly one guy died.

The judge told the guy that he could never climb again, and he'd be arrested if he was seen climbing. These are all the details I can remember.

Office Space - I know you consider yourself the aggrieved party here, but I hope you will read this with an open mind. You seem to have a sense of entitlement that is not really merited. What do you mean when you say it is *your* thread? Who are you speaking for when you say that someone's comments "aren't welcome here?"

How can you berate lambone for sarcasm *after* you tell him to "have fun climbing with bivy gear," a sarcastic comment if I've ever heard one? How can you seriously solicit additional beta after threatening to sue someone for what they've posted? My point is that you have contributed as much to the pissing match that led "your" thread astray as lambone.

I'm not trying to chase you away, I just think you will get a lot less frustrated by the site if you recognize what it is and what it is not. The truth is that *none* of us have any rights here. Jon & Tim have taken a very hands off approach to moderating the board, and a certain kind of community has grown up here that has different social standards from a face to face conversation. Irreverance is highly valued and a hair-trigger temper is not.

Office Space, please do us all a favor and get over your litigation-happy self. Don't take everything so seriously. You posted a thread and got some good beta as well as some ribbing, that is what this site is all about. Did you bother to read the peaceful things Lambone had to say or did you just skip them so you could get to the negative sarcastic bits? Lighten up and smile, you'll get laid more often !!!!

My observation is that more people will respond on this site, with their take on the bickering, and who is right and who is wrong, (like that helps) than there are people that will post with advice on the route!

Just let it die for crying out loud. Who cares about the bickering or what your take on it is. They'll both feel better after a few hours on the pristine granite of Stuies north ridge.

What happens if I contribute some beta to this thread; it's misread or misunderstood, does that mean I get sued, too?

With all the many hundreds of threads contributed to this site, and the many thousands or responses, I don't think litgation has ever come up before.

Hmmm....

I wrote something like this before but my reply did not seem to process...sorry if everyone has to read it twice.

Office Space-

Relax dude! Please try to get over your litigation happy self and quit sparking up at every less than totally serious comment. This board is all about getting good beta along with some sarcastic and lighthearted ribbing. That is exactly what you got. If you want politically correct you better look elsewhere! You are reminding me of the surly drunk guy in a bar who lashes out at everybody who so much as looks at him because his girlfriend refused to blow him in the parking lot.

Smile more often, you will get laid more, I promise!!

A couple of years ago several Seattle climbers who climb hard in the gym (5.10-5.11) and also work there went up on the North Ridge of Stuart and got in over there head. The helecopter was in the air when they finnaly got their shit together and got themselves off. I dont know the details of this but I remember hearing the story.