George W Bush

Fairweather

78213-004-32A34A64.jpg

You did what you said you were going to do, and when the American people got cold feet, you stayed resolute. Your biggest mistakes were: Thinking you could placate those who hated you by working together with people like Ted Kennedy on No Child Left Behind type legislation; Alberto Gonzales; honoring George Tenet; your second tax cut/rebate; not standing up to the 110th congress regarding Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae; and trying to hold Jose Pedilla--a US citizen--without due process. All of your perceived transgressions have historical precedent--almost always ignored by your detractors. Your response to 9/11 was spot-on. That you could stay on the path with all of the raw hatred and hysterical nonsense directed at you says a lot. Indications so far are that your successor will be a pragmatist, so it's exciting to see this new chapter in American history beginning. Your history is still in play, so it's too soon to say 'well done' but my bet on 50 years hindsight says you'll have a solid "B".

Edited by Fairweather

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

78213-004-32A34A64.jpg

You did what you said you were going to do, and when the American people got cold feet, you stayed resolute. Your biggest mistakes were: Thinking you could placate those who hated you by working together with people like Ted Kennedy on No Child Left Behind type legislation; Alberto Gonzales; honoring George Tenet; your second tax cut/rebate; not standing up to the 110th congress regarding Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae; and trying to hold Jose Pedilla--a US citizen--without due process. All of your perceived transgressions have historical precedent--almost always ignored by your detractors. Your response to 9/11 was spot-on. That you could stay on the path with all of the raw hatred and hysterical nonsense directed at you says a lot. Indications so far are that your successor will be a pragmatist, so it's exciting to see this new chapter in American history beginning. Your history is still in play, so it's too soon to say 'well done' but my bet on 50 years hindsight says you'll have a solid "B".

OMFG....did write this yourself?

"Your response to 9/11 was spot-on"

You have got the be kidding right? Spot on? He invaded a country that did not attack us and is spending 18 billion of our money a MONTH to support it.....spot on.....right.

This sounds similar to Bush's argument during his farewell speech last night. "you may not agree with my decisions but you have to acknowledge that I made tough choices"

WTF - we should be thankful that you made a decision - despite that almost everyone action you took proved a disaster, rather than sitting on your hands? What an Idiot. No wonder he sees that being the president is no burden - he doesn't, and never has had the intelligence to understand the larger ramifications of his actions. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

No doubt - worst president we have ever had.

was the rabid hatred of liberals for bush any different from the rapid hatred of conservatives for clinton?

i was living in texas during the clinton years and here in seattle during the bush years... absolutely no comparison.

so...by your experience, who was more hated then?

Trolls like this are more reflective of the hurt sensibilities of a poster who has seen his personal hero drive his cherished world view off a cliff. Substitute 'FW' for 'Bush' and you've got a more honest post.

The central theme, of course, is that everyone else is to blame. The city planted the tree; they should pay for the damaged sidewalk. Or, as a rapist would put it; the bitch was asking for it.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

To summarize Fairweather's view of Bush "...you're an idiot, you ignored the mounting criticism, and you were clueless enough to consistently act like an idiot for eight years without wavering." Cogent analysis from Fairweather, the guy who predicted McCain by a landslide. Like Bush, consistently wrong.

was the rabid hatred of liberals for bush any different from the rapid hatred of conservatives for clinton?

i was living in texas during the clinton years and here in seattle during the bush years... absolutely no comparison.

so...by your experience, who was more hated then?

I'm just happy that the American left once again sees no distinction between it's political interests and the national interest, and that the days in which the folks detonating themselves in crowded Baghdad markets are referred to as "The Resistance" are soon to be behind us. Hopefully the propensity to indulge in wild conspiracy theories in the wake of political alienation and disappointments is in abeyance as well.

I think that - even allowing for the Black Helicopter folks during the Clinton Era - you'd have to go back to the days of the opposition to the Roosevelt administration in the late 1930's to find a similar dynamic at work in American political life.

I'm just happy that the American left once again sees no distinction between it's political interests and the national interest, and that the days in which the folks detonating themselves in crowded Baghdad markets are referred to as "The Resistance" are soon to be behind us. Hopefully the propensity to indulge in wild conspiracy theories in the wake of political alienation and disappointments is in abeyance as well.

I think that - even allowing for the Black Helicopter folks during the Clinton Era - you'd have to go back to the days of the opposition to the Roosevelt administration in the late 1930's to find a similar dynamic at work in American political life.

You've been putting forth this "viewpoint" since McCain lost. It's as incoherent and misinformed now as it was then.

I agree with the orginal post. I disagree with some of his decisions but respect that he always picked a stance and held his ground. Hard to find politicians these days that can have an opinion without taking a public opinion poll first, or change stances with the seasons.