New, on Rockclimbergirl.com...

Hey, guys... it's been awhile... I've been mostly working, blogging, and twittering and not so much cascadeclimbers-ing or rockclimbing.com-ing... but wrote one I wanted to share with you all. Latest post on rockclimbergirl.com:

Us and Them: Living Life Unconventionally

It's mostly my observations on life as a dedicated climber, and how the more I get into climbing, the less I make sense to the rest of the world. Some day, I'll work toward balance... right now, though, is not that day.

Enjoy, and I'd love to hear your "us" vs. "them" comments...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

OK... the latest...

A trip report for my recent Red Rock (and, surprise! Joshua Tree) trip...

http://www.rockclimbergirl.com/2009/01/red-rocks-plus-aka-it-sometimes-rains.html

and, a write-up on my climbing partner's Honda CR-V-to-Honda C-RV Extreme Camper conversion.

http://www.rockclimbergirl.com/2009/01/honda-cr-v-sleeper-and-storage-platform.html

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Bill. :(

Aren't you married?

She is cute tho.....

Hey girl,

I remember when there weren't any girls in JT in the winter between college breaks. And then they were only sunbathing.

I remember when the definition of a climber without a gf was "homeless".

I remember being homeless a lot. (insert whiny voice) "You're never here." Or my favorite, "You can buy a f'n rope but you can't take me out on a date!?"

True story.

No brainer.

This is all to say, after all those testosterone ridden years,

"WELCOME".

Love your writing.

Oh, I'm married too. ;)

Will reply to Bug in a sec... but first... here's the newest on Rockclimbergirl.com...

Trip report & photo album for my March, 2009 Red Rock trip.

3351557115_749bb9b246.jpg

We packed a lot into this last trip. Two long days out in Oak Creek; a couple days of cragging; time with friends new and old and a sh*t-ton of beautiful views... the climbing ranged from long and moderate, to long and epic, to short and sweet.

Part one of the full trip report is online at

http://www.rockclimbergirl.com/2009/03/red-rock-trip-report-march-2009-part.html

and, here's the link straight to the better photo album if all you want is the eye candy...

http://www.rockclimbergirl.com/2009/03/photos-that-make-my-eyes-water-red-rock.html

More detailed posts will go up next week when I get a chance, with info about the days in Oak Creek (Johnny Vegas/Solar Slab, and Eagle Dance).

Here's a bit more eye candy, in case you don't want to click through...

3352381966_d6039af34c.jpg

3347202224_478a6349f8.jpg

3346364401_af8a6bc317.jpg

3346364717_5583ed579f.jpg

Enjoy...

Edited by saragrace

Awww, that's one of the nicest posts anyone's ever made on a rock climbing forum about me.

Although I run into some trouble on occasion with badly behaved boys on the interwebz, my experience as a climbergirl in real life is blessed. I'm surrounded by generous, wonderful and fun climbing partners (mentors, peers and newbies) and don't know where I'd be without them.

Thanks so much, Bug - calling me cute is one thing I can take or leave, complimenting my writing is another. Makes me smile.

Well, I refer to myself as a girl because I am a girl (or at least, am female - don't know when the clock runs out on "girl-ness")...

But aside from that, I'm not complaining. I get called a lot of icky things, routinely, in the various capacities in which I operate (work and life and climber-dom). Being called cute is a refreshing/pleasant change from some of the insults that get hurled at me -- I just can't resist busting chops.

• 1 month later...