Snoqualmie General Impressions?

Farrgo

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did all the rain strip whatever ice there was. I'm wondering what sort of condition the routes might be in. It seems like it's still very warm so I'm not expecting anything to be in great shape.

Braydon - what did the faces look like? Did the rain clear them of anything climbable?

Toured around Commonwealth Basin this morning. Didn't get a look at any routes, but there was a lot of water flowing and it was above freezing at like 7am. Makes me a little skeptical about conditions. North - facing stuff might be lucky, but I suspect stuff is thin and water might be flowing underneath.

Edit: NWAC and wunderground.com are forecasting even more warming over the next couple of days, suggesting a lower likelihood of solid ice.

Edited by jared_j

I toured around Chair Peak today. The snow was fun slushy corn in the sun and icy S-H-I-T in the shade! Although the air temps were warm, the snow on the N aspects didn't seem to be affected--it was rock solid. I saw a bunch of ice on the S, SW aspects of Bryant and Chair, but the temp was 55 F by the afternoon, so that won't be around long.