Does Hugh need help?

Bug

This is enough for me.

The difference between this site and the Ascentionist site has become too blurred.

I spent time this weekend wondering if I was really being threatened with murder.

The moderators do not display any concern and too many of the posters on this site do not care. Some even rally behind Hugh.

Hugh, there is no such thing as a nice person who threatens another person's life.

My time here is no longer healthy, fun, or contributing to my climbing circles.

Good by.

Well spoken Bug, but I hope you do make it back at some point.

You can spray whatever insult you wish and the fact is that IN REALITY nobody is going to show up at your house and call you on it. But, just as surely, IN REALITY, somebody is going to take offense. Personally.

Not true Matt, I came very close to going after a poster who continually berated me and would usually end his posts by saying Asshole some other personal flame type comment. The personal attacks made me angry and I explained exactly that in my reply and suggested that bumping into each other was going to get personal. Had I bumped into said person in person before I got myself calmed down (weeks later), it would have been full-on like Donkey Kong. I mean like nasty like you don't know. Sure, I don't like it when I get like that - the last time I lost control like that I whipped out a knife and it was a bloody bad scene that ended fast and furiously for us all. I barely escaped a long prison term by a Red C* hair. Not a hell of a lot I can do about it though. Once you flip over mentally I mean. I've noticed that said poster has rec'd another similar notification, perhaps even more direct, so it's not just me. Glad I didn't bump into dude before I got it together, and the alleged dude is being nicer as well.

So speaking only for me:

A) The difference between what is normal and mental illness is very very small. For all of us, but some of us know that for a fact.

B) Violence and death isn't as as far away from us as we believe.

C) I give respect and I expect it in return. Disaster may be all too close if this is not the case.

You listening to this mods? Don't be ignoring this shit, cause today's guy calling people assholes all the time may not be posting on this site or any other if it goes bad, and you'll get some of the blame for letting that shit escalate should a person preemptively really attack another in a self-defensive mode.

I try and will continue to try, to keep myself in check.

But that's me. I'm old and much calmer than when I was young. Your results may vary.

You might consider finding another form of recreation other than the internet. This is not normal...in a bad way.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you being nicer these days Pat. It is a common mistake many make in believing that others think and act like they do. Often, most often, that is not the case at all. So, say if a certain poster thinks that it's just friendly banter to get insulted then continually (with that as a mindset) keeps insulting and belittling others thinking it's all just in good fun... say others who do not enjoy it AT ALL and have never done that to the OP, and even after the recipient express's that view - that they are becoming angry and the bullshit coming their way is out of line, they STILL continue to get the same bullshit obnoxious belittling treatment over and over and over by the obnoxious poster, despite often not directing ANY posts to the assholes direction, but continually receiving bullshit coming to them.... well - I said this earlier, but it bears repeating and to be read closely and slowly more than once cause it's not a game: most of us do not know how close to the edge of the cliff we all walk.

Some more than others....

Certainly in Hughes case, if you threaten to kill another person like Hugh did to Bug and then follow it up with a couple more very angry posts: or continually harass them with personal and belittling attacks when they keep telling you to back off like you have done to many: do not be shocked if they either:

A) Call the FBI like Bug says he will do next time.

B) Get your ass tossed off the site.

C) Preemptively come at you when you are not looking and do not expect it.

D) Never come back here.

All bad things to happen and totally unnecessary in my view, but expected. MMMMK?

We should all of us treat each other with respect. All of us. If we can't or won't do it, then the mods should delete those obnoxious posts immediately. Hughs multiple attack post

I know the edge of the cliff I walk on. It's not much of a cliff, actually. I've never had a single moment of violent fantasy regarding any other poster here. I don't take this stuff seriously enough to get anything more than slightly miffed, and that passes very quickly. I figure if someone's bent enough to threaten, bring wives into it, or pull any other shit like that, that's, like, just their opinion, myan.

There's such a thing as taking something too seriously. If you contemplating violence against someone else, just walk away. You've crossed that line.

Participation is voluntary, and there is an Ignore feature close at hand. It's also helpful to remember that this isn't exactly the serious discussion section of CC.com, although some worthwhile topics are addressed here.

Two years ago my friend got in to it with a guy he never met and no one eles knew,they met up the road and this new guy pulled out a hand gun and pointed it at my friend,so my bud pulls his out and puts 11 9mm rounds in to him and calls the police who held him 5 days and released him because it was ruled self defence.

There were others in the parking lot that seen it happen just that way,so the police knew he was telling the truth and still held held him 5 days?

Edited by pc313

You just prove my point. Thanks.

your sucking further proves mine. now pansy-ass turn in the jolly roger and run over to telemarktips.com where they'll call you a douchebag in more polite terms

Since I don't know you, then I have to assume you are just a hateful person and that this isn't just sarcasm.

Let it go Bug and follow KKKKK's advice. Go climbing!

BTW, I like Telemarktips! :cool:

funny Mikester, this is the sort of disrespectful unamusing junior high douchebaggery that keeps people away from this site

I am left to assume that you are referring to my suggestion that more respect to others on this site could lead to more participation is “disrespectful unamusing junior high douchebaggery”. Or was it my comment about the Spray forum detracting from the site’s potential that was “disrespectful unamusing junior high douchebaggery”. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

I'm not saying the Spray forum should go away. Just uphold the existing rules. One alternative could be to add another group of forums for Politics, World News, National News, Music, etc. They could be in a Spray free area. I’m sure it would allow for more participation and still have your respite to the world of Spray. Everybody's happy...