SMC shallow angles for Trade

Dane

I have a several dozen, new, short and long SMC shallow angles. Not going to use them all. Willing to trade one for one on long Bugs, blades or thin LAs. Used is fine as long as yours are still in decent enough shape to still pound on. Send me a PM.

Not interested in any other gear trades, thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Didn't you just buy those?

When I was sorting thru the lot (I had first dibs) you hovered over my shoulder exclaiming "you're not gonna take all of those are you?" which I would have, had you not been there. It seemed fitting to share the wealth. Chris also asked that we not re-sell them since they were a good deal. You reassured him they were for personal "alpine" use. Now I see you are trying to "trade" (also on Super Topo) to better your take.

Technically not reselling but pretty frickin weak IMHO. I should have been a prick and bought them all... :mad:

Good luck with that...

Well dude, you may not have been a prick then but you certainly are being one now. Super topo and Gadd's site as well.

I have a few buddies that like shallow angles in the alpine as much as I do. So I have coughed up some to them. Not like you or I will ever use 50+ fucking pins. I've been doing this shit for 30+ years and bet I haven't left 100 total pins between Alaska, the Alps and the Rockies. And I have left at least 5 complete racks, including shoe laces a few times getting off things that I can remember right off hand.

"Weak", dumb ass is having shit you aint using and never will...like the 56 pins you just bought (what, half of them baby angles) or asking for a deal 'cuz you dropped a C note.

I aint selling as you noticed...what I asked was anyone want to trade. That would mean to me, "if you know what a shallow angle is and have need for a couple you look through your own alpine rack, pull out a double or two you could easily replace" and then send me an email. More like a public service to guys who actually know what they are and how they are used. If not, "they aren't here, you don't need them, now move along". But may be trade doesn't mean that to you.

"Betters my take?" Dude they are freakin iron last I checked, shallow angles and hard to find to be sure but none the less pins....made to be over driven, dropped, lost and left. Replacing them one for one on a trade for a used (or new for that matter) pin hardly "betters my take". My plan this week is to leave a fairly long line of fixed pins up 6 or 7 pitches of mixed limestone. So I hardly worry about bettering "my take".

But feel free to stop by the next time you see me out and I'll be happy to show you just how much of a prick I can really be. Till then, unless you see me post a for sale sign on "SMC shallow angles" shut the fuck up.

Well dude, you may not have been a prick then but you certainly are being one now. Super topo and Gadd's site as well.

I have a few buddies that like shallow angles in the alpine as much as I do. So I have coughed up a few to them. Not like you or I will ever use 50+ fucking pins. I've been doing this shit for 30+ years and bet I haven't left 100 total pins between Alaska, the Alps and the Rockies. And I have left at least 5 complete racks, including shoe laces a few times getting off things that I can remember right off hand.

"Weak", dumb ass is having shit you aint using and never will...like the 56 pins you just bought (what, half of them baby angles) or asking for a deal 'cuz you dropped a C note.

I aint selling as you noticed...what I asked was anyone want to trade. That would mean to me, "if you know what a shallow angle is and have need for a couple you look through your own alpine rack, pull out a double or two you could easily replace" and then send me an email. More like a public service to guys who actually know what they are and how they are used. If not, "they aren't here, you don't need them, now move along". But may be trade doesn't mean that to you.

"Betters my take?" Dude they are freakin iron last I checked, shallow angles and hard to find to be sure but none the less pins....made to be over driven, dropped, lost and left. Replacing them one for one on a trade for a used (or new for that matter) pin hardly "betters my take". My plan this week is to leave a fairly long line of fixed pins up 6 or 7 pitches of mixed limestone. So I hardly worry about bettering "my take".

But feel free to stop by the next time you see me out and I'll be happy to show you just how much of a prick I can really be. Till then, unless you see me post a for sale sign on "SMC shallow angles" shut the fuck up.

OMG that is so fuckin awesome!!!

hey slap,

too bad you didn't buy them all... which route are you working on where you need all those shallow angles?

Maybe you were planning on using the rest of them as xmas ornaments...

Come on. Seriously... you are all pissed off about what someone decides to do with their stuff? Besides, if the original seller didn't want them to be sold, why was he selling them in the first place?

PATHETIC.