Trail Sentries?

I was climbing the Tooth yesterday and it was fun.

Anyway the real subject is that when hiking back down the trail about 200 meters from the parking lot there was a strange thing happening on the trail. There was some dude standing there saying "Hey guys do you mind waiting right here my friend (girl) is taking a pee?" I thought that this was rude and out of place. Especially since there was a bathroom 200 meters away at the trailhead. Then after she did her business we walked by and then there was another guard on the trail on the other side. He seemed to have an attitude on top of the situatoin. Is this normal trail behavior in the PNW? I am from another state so I was just curious.

I just want to travel in peace.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people step *OFF* the trail to do that. I frequently hike with my wife and my friend with his wife. If they need to go, they go out of sight. There's plent of space out there in the woods that one need not pee on the trail.

They were rude and the road block was pointless and unnecessary.

If I was coming off a long climb and was looking forward to an Earthquake burger (best post-climb meal!), I would have pushed my way through, perhaps even snapping a few pictured to teach 'em a lesson.

If I was just coming back from a normal day in the mountains, I would have inquired about her looks before charging ahead.

I climb with my wife and I carry a gun....if I ask you to shoot the breeze while my wife is doing her business I expect you to stand firm...if you choose not too and your rude about it...and I can't take you with the knife in my belt...I go to the ice ax...if that won't stop you from being kind to my wife on the trail...then you have taken your chances.....the Moral...be kind to woman on the trail...I imagine most of you have mothers and at one time in thier lives they were young woman...and maybe a climber too!!! And yes I climb in Leavenworth, Rainier, the North Cascades....see you on the trail!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher:

I climb with my wife and I carry a gun........there for i have no brain! my mission in life is to seem cool, and i think a threating attitude especailly one including a firearm makes up for the lack of other things that a normal male should have....

hehehe

[This message has been edited by erik (edited 07-23-2001).]

Christopher,

If yo mama or old lady can't walk a few paces into the trees to do her business, den maybe she best be not hiking. We have to live togetha on the streets, er I mean trails. So show some respect to a brotha and don't piss were I'd be walkn'. You try dat agressive shit on me or my boyz I'll stick that gat of yours so far up your a$$ and pull da trigga until it goes CLICK.

Two More cents.....Gentlemen...let me make it very clear....if my girl is off the trail...and the spot cannot provide her with a spot of total protection from dudes walking down the trail...and I kindly ask you give her some space....and your rude about it...we have problems...Like in my previous post...we all have Mothers...I'm assuming you do too....so take the high road! But if your an obnoxious Jack Ass about it...you brought it upon yourself..I'd prefer to role a Phat one with you and share a Peak story...but if being rude to my wife and other woman is your perogative...than you take the chances...its loaded..its in my camera pack....SEMPER FI....

you know, i have never seen my mother pee and i have no desire ever too...wether she be old or young....matter of fact i don't want to see anyone peeing.

if you can't hold it long enough to find a seculded spot then, you might have a medical problem.....and if you have a gun in the backcountry then that means you have two problems.

if repmes to des fee fo fi yo mo fo

christoper

your a certified, A-#1, military issued dildo. if you and your BEEE-AWCH cant do your pissing and moaning out of everybody else's way or sight , then how did you manage to haul your sorry carcass all the way up to sahale. its only a 7 or 8 mile hike but thats a LONG way to go to be that much of a dumb-ass

christoper

your a certified, A-#1, military issued dildo. if you and your BEEE-AWCH cant do your pissing and moaning out of everybody else's way or sight , then how did you manage to haul your sorry carcass all the way up to sahale. its only a 7 or 8 mile hike but thats a LONG way to go to be that much of a dumb-ass

Backcountry Dog-

I hear you bro...I'm going to stand in the corner of my cube....its that this thread really struck a cord in me....you would understand if it were you trying to be kind to a climber on Sahale Arm and all I got was a bunch of uneeded flack....then he drops his pack...it was ugly man....I felt terrible....

The title of this thread should be:

WEEKEND WARRIORS GROW HUNCHBACKED OVER WEEKENDS.

Just because you are no longer in "civilization" doesn't mean you shouldn't apply the rules of Common Courtesy...especially when afforded to women. Is it too hard to accept a woman wanting to keep private what is private to her? Sure, in the PARTICULAR SITUATION this thread originated there were much better alternatives that should have been used. Like someone else previously said, take the time to look around and enjoy where you are at. While you are doing that maybe let the so-called "sentry" know about other places more suitable for women to do their duty along the trail. It really should not be as big a deal as it seems from the way the thread has gone.

s.lo. Eerie.