Smith conditions this weekend?

saragrace

The weather report in Terrebonne for the Dec 31-Jan 4 doesn't look promising, but it hasn't up here either and we've had some beautiful days. Are there any Smith locals who might be willing to chime in on your local forecast for this weekend?

My first Smith weekend each year is usually spent freezing my ass off in February... so it's not like I expect 60 degrees and sunny... but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to hold out until Feb this year. I'm having serious real rock withdrawal...

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Past couple weeks have been a little rough...tough to say at this point. I usually say with anything under a 50% chance of precip at Smith, it's usually dry enough to climb. But with the crap moving through here right now, rain is a pretty good bet.

Dec. 25th...

474662.jpg

474661.jpg

Some climbable stuff if you were willing to brush off the holds, mostly not. The rain will have gotten rid of most/all that...but if you are coming a long way it's a risky bet.

That said, come with an open mind and be willing to climb in some wetness...and you just might get lucky. FWIW, it was dumping rain in Bend today, and clear in the afternoon. Not sure about Smith.

Hey - thanks for the local report, and the beautiful (if snowy) pictures! My climbing partner was in Bend for the holiday and she was very skeptical of whether we'd have any luck this weekend based on what she saw. I'll try to hold out a few more weeks, but ooooohhhh.... the withdrawal... it's just getting sooooo bad...

Thank you!