Baselayer-with Crotch Zip-Please reccomend

Kane

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv actually already got a similar suit, but I wanna put something under it. The zippers that run up and down the entire legs are kinda cold on the skin. What I have is actually a military issue, same powerstretch and all..Ill use it as an insulating layer.

I've got long underware pants from MEC that I use with the Dead bird siloppette. I like them. I have both the thin long underware and the thicker weight. They use zippers. Pattagonia had a opening on one of their old styles but is not made anymore. Back then I went with MEC because the pattagooch just has so much extra cloth.

i've done the same searching to fit my arc bibs. Arcteryx has the crotch zip available(men's too) in wool, and maybe synthetic, but only in black and not for xl. the problem is that no one has them in stock and you'll have to wait.

as for the MEC crotchzip, i have them and like them. the zipper could use a little flap to prevent chaffing but i'll let you work that out. considering exchange rate,shipping and price vs. ARC, they are still a good deal. and like i also did, you can get both the med. and expedition weight to have the option.

Decided to forgo the crotch zip. Would have been nice under the powerstretch suit, but the reason for me to even use a base under it is to keep the cold zippers on the suit from gettin on me. The last thing I want is a zipper rubbin my kahonas. Thanks@