Zion Wall Partner Wanted

willstrickland

Posted this in the reg section too:

Want a partner for 2 or 3 walls in the fall (Late Sept or Mid Oct, flexible) in Zion. Thinking Touchstone for a warm-up, then a trade route like Lunar-X, Spaceshot, etc then a project I have in mind (1st clean ascent of obscure nailing route...I've scoped it before and it looks feasible but hard...probably mixed aid and free-climbing on the nailing pitches (2 or 3 pitches) at 5.11 C3/4. Rest goes free or easy at 5.10 C2-).

You should :

1. Have 2 grade V's under your belt.

2. Have your own wall gear...

daisies/ascenders/aiders (portaledge,big rack, wall hammer, and haulbag are probably not necessary as I have them)

3. Be able to onsight .9/.10 desert trad.

4. Have experience leading aid pitches up to a minimum of C2.

5. Have a vehicle (I don't). Of course I'll split gas and then some (probably 60/40 or something to offset the car wear and tear).

Not looking for a ropegun (although if you're a hard-ass you're welcome too), just someone who can move quickly and confidently on a wall. Zion routes are short, but October days are also short. If interested e-mail me at willstrickland@hotmail.com

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days