• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Plaidman

I-84 is OPEN - Columbia River Gorge

Just drove Troutdale to The Dalles and back. The amount of ice is unbelievable. There is a line near Ainsworth State Park that looks amazing and is now touching down. It appeear to be 4-5 pitches. Lot's of snow on Mist. Saw a couple parties from the highway. Crown looked nice and fat.

Just got back from Mist Falls.

It is fat.

Lowered off my first two V threads.

Now that's the sh*t.

WhaHoo!!!

I will post pics as soon as I get them developed.

Plaidman

Mist was sweet today. Fat, plastic ice and no wind to drive the waterfall down on top of us. Great climbing with you Plaidman! And glad your v threads held us both!

So, where was everybody?!! All on the WA side? Soloed Bent Screw this morning after searching for partners from there to Ainsworth!

Black Dagger looks fatter than when Wayne and I climbed it three years ago.

Who's gonna step up to the plate and bag Hamilton before it melts out? Took these today in the short break we had from the snow. Looks like it's touching down now and pretty fat.

100_5196.jpg

100_5197.jpg

100_5198.jpg

So, where was everybody?!! All on the WA side? Soloed Bent Screw this morning after searching for partners from there to Ainsworth!

Black Dagger looks fatter than when Wayne and I climbed it three years ago.

Portland Light! Where are the big ticks!!!???

Something tells me that it'll go down this year...countdown to a TR?
Better hurry before it's to late. Still snowing here right now but now it's big wet flakes compared to the light fluffy dry powder we had the past few days though.