Nepal Extreme laces

Matt Kidd

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

same boot, same problem. After tying the boot normally, I take the loop ends and make a square knot. Never comes undone but it can take a little to untie when the day is done.

I do the same on my Nepals, but more out of habit... having laces come undone is not an option. On the flip side, my Scarpa Tiolet's laces blew out after 3 seasons so I replaced them with Sportiva laces. Sportiva laces have lasted longer than any other lace I've had. :tup:

The Cobbler on west 2nd has great laces and knows exactly what your problems is. He has these nice flat laces that wont loosen

I found that by avoiding ther upper lace point and just wrapping the lace once around the boot before tying has worked well and I have continued to use the original lace. I bought flat laces for my Vegas and they have worked quite well.

J

I have done that to little success. Recent trips out using the square knot seem to have solved the problem for me. After a bit of walking and the usual loosening that occurs with all boots I tightened them up and threw in the square knot. Worked well. Thanks for the input all.