[TR] Fraser Valley Ice - 'Never A Bride' attempt and 'Easy Intro' 12/19/2008

marc_leclerc

Trip: Fraser Valley Ice - 'Never A Bride' attempt and 'Easy Intro'

Date: 12/19/2008

Trip Report:

Tyler Linn and I went to try Never a Bride today, Tyler tried to start on the right hand side but eventually bailed due to thin ice. We were running late so instead of trying the left side we drove to 'Easy intro' off Highway #1 and simul soloed the first 3 pitches (grade 2, grade 4+ if you continue to the top) the route was in pretty good shape (although I did dull my tools a 'little). Picadilly Circus and Powerhouse Falls also looked good. Bridal Falls was still NOT in but Whitte Wedding looked pretty good as well as Decent Divorce. So over all it was nice to salvage our day and climb something aven if it was really easy... I want to go all the way up the final pitch of 'Easy Intro' now though, it looked really sweet...

S6302806.JPG

Never a Bride

S6302807.JPG

Tyler Start up NAB

S6302810.JPG

Easy Intro

S6302811.JPG

Tyler Soloing Easy Intro

S6302813.JPG

Sunset

Gear Notes:

Stubbies?

Approach Notes:

For NAB hike up Bridal Falls Trail and walk to the flow just right of the main falls. For Easy Intro park off Highway #1 between Herrling Island and Peters Road

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went Back today with Matt and finished 'Never a Bride' I retrieved my screw wich was nice. We did it in two pitches. One long (45m?) grade 3 pitch and a shorteer grade 4 pitch up the curtains near the top. Its in pretty good shape right now, get it while it lasts!

P.S- Decent Divorce also looks ine and loks pretty burly to boot! Go get er!