Sign this guy up for your pitcher...

fear_and_greed

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was laughable watching the American media try to treat this story 'seriously'...analyzing how slow the Secret Service responded (5.3 seconds!), etc...while the rest of the world's media took the opportunity to have a good holiday laugh.

Basically, they're gonna have to let him go; he's now a National Hero.

The guy was a great shot, and Bush was an artful dodger; a perfect metaphor for the end of one of our most shameful administrations. The reporter may have missed Bush, and Bush may have missed the symbolism, but apparently a few Iraqis caught it.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

ya, the most frustrating thing wsa that in the interviews later, he didnt get that showing the soles of your feet is a terrible insult in that culture, nevermind throwing your shoe at him.

maybe the slow response by the S.S. was a purposful reaction... we can only dream.

Contrast what would have become of somebody who chucked a shoe at Mubarak, Basher Assad, Ahmadinejad...or Saddam Hussein. That, it seems to me, is a question worth asking.

It also seemed worth asking to Sean Hannity, who did so when the incident was broadcast on Fox News. It's on Youtube. You fail...again.

Contrast what would have become of somebody who chucked a shoe at Mubarak, Basher Assad, Ahmadinejad...or Saddam Hussein. That, it seems to me, is a question worth asking.

Mubarak: Much shorter guy, probably could have easily ducked behind the podium. Besides, he's used to ducking worse. Assad; old and slow. He would have been nailed for sure. Imadinnerjacket; short, skinny, and nervous; he probably could have cocked his head to one side without even ducking. Saddam: well, anyone could've hit that barn sized head. Plus, he's not really a moving target.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Apparently the assailants arm was broken while in custody. I guess the Iraqi security folks are former NY cops.,

dunno, was he also ass-raped w/ a broom? shot 97 times?

as to the title of the thread - no thanks, the kid shows pluck for sure, but if you can't throw me 2 strikes from 30 feet, i ain't got no place for you in my rotation :)