Raise Your Glasses for the End of Prohibition

dt_3pin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 5, 2008 marks the 75th anniversary of the repeal of prohibition. Today, make sure you give thanks for those who sacrificed so much to secure our right to drink freely. :brew:

Been givin' my thanks since 4:30 or so. :brew: Black Butte Porters again this week. :tup:

When my grandmother was 12, both of her parents were killed in an industrial accident. There was no social or corporate support for her or her five younger siblings. They went to work cleaning houses and were soon hired by a prominent Chicago family.

My great aunt once told the story of the end of prohibition. There were many long faces in the household she worked for. The family business was going to have to be totally restructured.

I don't drink much anymore. A glass of cheep Merlot is just fine.

No arguement here.

Have you written your congressional delegation?

almost no need, really - each year i have my senior classes pick a political issue they care about it, research it, and write their delegates - legalizing pot is the issue de jur of at least 1/3rd of them :)

course, i'm not certain if their eloquence is quite up to the task...

December 5, 2008 marks the 75th anniversary of the repeal of prohibition. Today, make sure you give thanks for those who sacrificed so much to secure our right to drink freely. :brew:

Been givin' my thanks since 4:30 or so. :brew: Black Butte Porters again this week. :tup:

You got ahead start on me,just open my frist one today,got back from Mt. Adams last night,3 days on the snow and rock,just me and my climbing beer or gear, took a 12 pack with me and had to ration them so not to run out,drank the last one on my way down!

The road was nice,could not beleive no one was up there,but friday the wind was 10-25 mph 11:30pm headed for the summit for camp at 8,600ft at 2:30 at 10,600ft 30-45mph plus blew me around like a ragedoll with nothing to hide behind and snowing called it at 3:00am coundn't fill my face or hands,back to camp and beer,still had a blast.

DSCF2571.JPG

DSCF2585.JPG

From Wikipedia:

Velour is a plush, knitted fabric or textile. It is usually made from cotton but can also be made from synthetic materials such as polyester. Velour is used in a wide variety of applications, including clothing and upholstery.

Velour is a knit fabric, allowing it to stretch. It combines the stretchy properties of knits such as spandex with the rich appearance and feel of velvet. Velour is used in dancewear for the ease of movement it affords, and is also popular for warm, colorful casual clothing. When used as upholstery, velour often is substituted for velvet.

DSCF2585.JPG

Quit drinking Moosepiss and take a real beer with ya! Yeesh! :rolleyes:

Don't Be Such A Beer Snob!!!

I happen to like Moosepiss,Becks,Hinekines,St.Pauli Girl,Widmer,Full Sail,Alaska,Bridgeport,Deshutes,Fat Tire...

But don't like "ICE BEER"

Besides I felt like a Moosehead would do me Good!

I got my books today and have started reading THE LAST DIVE! So i'll get back to you When i'm done!

I suppose you have a problem with "HEFEWEIZEN" too!

DSCF2690_2_.JPG

I am the quintessential beer snob. I can be no other way.

Do you even need to ask that question? "Beer is clear, murky is quirky."

Mind you, a beer can be dark and clear. Cloudy beverages are not beer.

Well Dr.Brew,now that you've cleared up the issues or dark and clear,i guess i'll go buy some Mississippi Mud "Black and Tan" beer,and if we ever meet for a beer i'll drink yours!

Read the frist 100 pages of "THE LAST DIVE" and drank 3 murky beers, although it jumps around alot,it has some funny shit in it "lets talk about the zoo" or "What? this tape again! or Did i missed a particuiar scene?" and covers the history of diving and the who's who in the diving world,the Martini law, the issues of dive partners (my tanks all had dings in them for me beating the butt of my dive knife on them in a attempt to get my diving partners attention)and the draw of the unknown and absolute zero gravity has on you!

I had i dream last night that i was flying,no plane,no wings,but just like superman,but at times out of control witch is what its like in heavy sea's!

I happen to enjoy reliving in my dreams the best of all the things i done Sking,Surfing,Diving,Climbing,Rappeling Biking,Sex... the jobs and life i've had,and people i've met and places i've been!

Norm

Yeah, Bridgeport IPA != beer. :rolleyes:

I love "Indian Pail Ale" as long as its not "Henrys" that shit sucks!

Costco has Bridgeport IPA for $22.00 a case,i buy 2 when i'm in town!

They also have Fat Tires for $24/case. Much better buy, when you think about it... :brew:

They also have Fat Tires for $24/case. Much better buy, when you think about it... :brew:

Rite Aid sells Fat Tire most of the time $11.99 a half rack but since you don't like Hefeweizen,I'm shocked that a "BEER SNOB" like you would lower your self to a murky Fat Tire !

Norm,

Tsk tsk tsk... Pour a Fat Tire into a clear glass, let the head settle a bit, and then tell me what you see.

Murkness, not will it be. :yoda:

I know its a amber ale and maybe a little more suger and malt then an IPA,but i like Lagers too!

Tonite i'm drinking a Mirror Pond and enjoying the last of the book for theres some funny shit in it! But my eye are wind burned from Adams 45mph plus gust!

Cant wait to start Shadow Divers for it takes me back to the deep dark blue.

Normbigdrink1.gifbigdrink1.gifbigdrink1.gif