[TR] For Sobo & Ivan - Turkey Day Weekend

Trip: For Sobo & Ivan -

Date: 12/2/2008

Trip Report:

Wanted to go somewhere decent for the holiday, get in some climbing, and eat some good vittles. We headed south of the Mason-Dixon. So we loaded up the carIMG_0369.JPG

and a moved to...Table Rock SP, SC Table_Rock.jpg

Upon arrival the kind southern granny told us that climbing was only allowed Dec & Jan. When I told her that the Carolina Climbers Coalition listed climbing from Sep thru Dec, she turned all Steve Spurrier on me, "And that goes for rappellin' too." So we went bouldering and hiking instead. For Turkey Day brkfst, freedom toast w/ blueberry syrup & some hog IMG_6015.JPG

Did a hike to the top and came back in time for this.......

IMG_6023.JPG

game hens baked in a pit of coals w/co'nbread stuffin'. The next day we drove up to Hanging Rock NC only to get rained out at the face of Moore's Wall. Looks like some nice areas down there. Ya'll come back now.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why the hell can you only climb for a couple months out of the year at table rock?

fuck'n' south carolinians! i used to spend summers in pickens and went swimming n' hiking round table rock all the time :)

i guess if they won't let you climb the rock, you can always climb the kudzo :grin:

shoulda gone to seneca rocks!

• 1 month later...