spire rock guidebook 2 - need pictures

markwebster

Jim Phillips and I published the guidebook to Spire Rock out in Spanaway (south tacoma) back in the early 1980's. We sold about 800 copies. Spire was the only game in town back then as Todd didn't build edgeworksclimbing.com until just a few years ago. It's still a great place to practice placing pro...took my first leader fall there.

I'm looking for photos of people climbing on Spire to add as some filler to the barebones route information. You can see a two page spread at the link to the pdf below.

http://www.websterart.com/img/spire_rock23.pdf

The first edition had a bunch of pictures of climbers, but we lost the originals...and they were black and white anyway. I'm going color this time. I can't pay you, but I will list your name in the photo credits.

You could be famous :rawk:

We are also looking for information on some of the traverses that have been put together out there since we wrote the book. Do you know where they go, or what they are named?

Yeah, yeah, I know its not a real rock, and I know about the gangs that hang out there in the dark...I'm hoping the new guide book will revive some interest in the old rock...maybe even lead to getting it sandblasted again and cleaned up.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days