UTTER BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

pink

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shocks me that these guys trust politicians more than they trust each other. Frankly, I trust the people I know to do the right thing much more than any politician, some of whom are great and honest people, but too many of whom are drawn to politics just for the power and the desire to control others.

For me, that's the crux of the nut. Do you trust the people you know more than politicians?

I do. Tvash doesn't.

Take care Bug, don't let them get ya down.

I wouldn't trust you to find your way out of a paper bag.

Yes, I trust Obama to be a better president than Tracy the Mom or Jeanette the EMT. That is correct.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Also, how are they going to deal with import ammo? A large portion of ammunition is imported. Also, do you really think that someone will not be able to get banned ammo to commit a crime? Or steal some that is under someone else's name?

Violence is a large and complex problem that cannot be solved by any one radical idea.

And no one is suggesting that. Complex ideas are often not completely solvable, but they can be mitigated by taking steps in the proper direction.

Like having tracealbe ammo, for example.

Look your basic argument is that if everybody had a gun, then no one would use them for crimes, right?

Unfortunately, that 'everyone' includes the criminally insane, as well as just the criminal.

In addition, it assumes that a critical mass of potential victims, women by your implication, will carry guns. Ever talk to many women? Just a little hint: guns are a guy thing, dude. Kind of like talking about your poo. So no critical mass will ever be possible for this 'deterrent' effect, which is probably mythical anyway, considering the experience of other countries like S.A., to have an effect.

Well, women and everyone else CAN carry guns here, yet America still boasts one of the highest violent crime rates in the world, particular the 1st world.

It think it's being proven as we speak that the key to lowering the crime rate, which is after all, the real issue here, is to support policies that healthier parenting and enable people to live above the poverty line and have opportunities to improve their station in life. Thanks for voting for Bush twice, BTW.

Discussing the inentions of the "Founding Fathers", those all-wise, infallible SuperBeings, doesn't fly either. Who the fuck cares? If it were up to the original ideas of the Founding Fathers, congress would vote in our president, not us. We'd still be slave owners. Only white male landowners would be able to vote...and on and on....

i think we could solve this whole energy problem by costucting a wind farm in your back yard.

stupid, stupid, stupid. chris rock is not even funny.

now we know you've gone 'round the bend - chris rock is funnier'n'hell!

i like my gun control solution more - the only guns allowable should be ones that use the technology extant at the time of the writing of the 2nd amendment - single shot, black powder muskets - hell, they can even drop the bar-coding yer shot shit if'n they'll do that - let's see someone take on a whole mall, 1776 style!

in that case lets charge $1000 per bolt hanger and only sell dull drill bits.

The whole gun argument is based on this little jewel:

"An armed society is a polite society"

Any time someone mentions that more guns might just mean more crazy, violent people with guns, which just might mean more people just might get shot, someone counters

OH, well, if you then your guns/ammo can still be stolen and used in a crime. So THAT's not a solution.

So...let's have way more guns/ammo out there to be stolen?

OK.

interesting perspective Bill.

i'm just not sure i need people tracking how much ammo i don't buy. this is just one of those things that reeks of another "watch list". i don't appreciate the gov't being able to listen to my phone conversations just cuz and i don't think they need to know and by extrapolation potentially decide i'm a threat b/c of how much ammo i own.

I agree here. I support eliminating federally licenses gun dealers without a legitimate storefront. I support enforcing existing regulationsn on those dealers (they're not enforced to any degree today). But mostly I don't give a shit about guns; the root of the problem is broken families and poor parenting. Policies that address those issues are the key to reducing crime rates, IMO, in addition to a complete top to bottom reform of the War On Drugs .

And let's not forget that a huge percentage of guns deaths are suicides, cases of domestic violence, and childhood accidents. More readily available education and treatment for depression might help. Health care plans that are required to cover this might help. Early education on navigating relationships in a positive way might help (currently, we have pretty much zero in this department). Stricter laws requiring gun owners to lock up their weapons might help (and prosecuting parents who whose children are killed or injured as a result of their negligence would go a long way towards 'deterrence'.

Community policing has helped somewhat, as well, apparently. although we can't expect police to be the garbage men for all our problems.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

i like my gun control solution more - the only guns allowable should be ones that use the technology extant at the time of the writing of the 2nd amendment - single shot, black powder muskets - hell, they can even drop the bar-coding yer shot shit if'n they'll do that - let's see someone take on a whole mall, 1776 style!

Sure. If the Army would only have that too. Would defeat the purpose if it didn't. This is the most ridiculous argument I have heard on 2nd amendment rights.

"red dawn" must be your favorite movie, eh? :P

for the billionith time, if the army wants to take over 2day, you won't be able to do a goddamn thing about it w/ your guns

in that case lets charge $1000 per bolt hanger and only sell dull drill bits.

no, if you transferred my 2nd amendment theory to that hot-bed political world of bolting, it'd be you could only hand-drill w/ home-made equipment, right?

you should see my homemade paint jobs, or the homegrown weed i've seen. didn't gateway computers get there start in a barn. was you're kid made in a factory. i love home cookin, way better than factory food. hell, kevbone had his kid at home.how about handmade rugs. i still jerk off with my hand at home and i get pretty good results. we have just become weak, that's all. our idea of suffering is freezing our balls off on a climb and saying we almost died and how a cheese sandwich taste like a steak and a glass of water fine wine. adapt and overcome.

Sure. If the Army would only have that too. Would defeat the purpose if it didn't. This is the most ridiculous argument I have heard on 2nd amendment rights.

Yes I can.

"red dawn" must be your favorite movie, eh? :P

for the billionith time, if the army wants to take over 2day, you won't be able to do a goddamn thing about it w/ your guns

Also, how are they going to deal with import ammo? A large portion of ammunition is imported. Also, do you really think that someone will not be able to get banned ammo to commit a crime? Or steal some that is under someone else's name?

Violence is a large and complex problem that cannot be solved by any one radical idea.

And no one is suggesting that. Complex ideas are often not completely solvable, but they can be mitigated by taking steps in the proper direction.

Like having tracealbe ammo, for example.

traceable ammo only makes ammo more expensive. Furthermore, it will not deter anyone from using a gun in a violent crime. It is easy as hell to get smuggled ammo/ guns in this country. (or any country in the World for that matter).

This is just a way for the anti-gun nuts to say "we can't take your guns away, but we can try to take away the bullets so you can't shoot them."

This is just a way for the anti-gun nuts to say "we can't take your guns away, but we can try to take away the bullets so you can't shoot them."

it's funny you use the word "nut," as it seems the most apt way to describe you

good luck taking on an abrams tank w/ your deer rifle, wolverine!!!

btw, i do remember the revolutionary war - our rag-tag army wouldn't have won a thing if a military equal in strength to the brits (the french) hadn't have ponied up the majority of the firepower and cash required to win :)

also, how much can a bar-code on a bullet cost?

ya, know there won't be more raping if the government just cuts every cock off in this country.

you guys don't get it - no one's trying to cut your cock off - more like telling you ya can't fuck the little baby-girls w/ it and trying to set up some rules that keep that from happening

ya, know there won't be more raping if the government just cuts every cock off in this country.

you guys don't get it - no one's trying to cut your cock off - more like telling you ya can't fuck the little baby-girls w/ it and trying to set up some rules that keep that from happening

where just a bunch a dumb rednecks, we just want our guns. anyway, more useless history for u to teach with guns on the table.