UTTER BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

pink

It is only a matter of time.

Ammo Confiscation

(*Many* Americans are scared-to-death at what's coming....)

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana )

requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacturer in a data

base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what

calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the

ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1,

2011.(Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on

every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona ,

California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland ,

Mississippi , Missouri , New Jersey , New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island ,

South Carolina , Tennessee , and Washington .

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation

and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionac countability. org/Legislation. htm

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um, dude, how does this deprive you of your ammo? sounds like you can still buy all you like, it just has to be labeled.

sounds like the intent is to be able to better i.d. folks who shoot people - what's wrong w/ that?

explain to me calmly how this is an affront to your liberties.

um, dude, how does this deprive you of your ammo? sounds like you can still buy all you like, it just has to be labeled.

sounds like the intent is to be able to better i.d. folks who shoot people - what's wrong w/ that?

so i gotta throw $2000 worth of ammo away because people are idiots.

lets search everyone who walk down to beacon because some of us aren't smart enough to be incognito. ;)

ok, so for both & FW it's the expense associated w/ this bill, nothing else?

would you not have literally blown your way through that ammo by 2011? do you guys really just keep thousands and thousands of rounds stowed away w/ no purpose but the coming zombie apocalypse?

These are always interesting abstractions. It's clear no one cares how much of what type of ammo anyone buys - the only intent is to be able to trace ammo used to conduct a crime.

As far as any requirement for people to turn in ammo, if the government wants it, it should be prepared to pay full replacement value for it or I'd vote against the legislation.

Your ignorance of how many bullets it takes to stop a zombie is appalling.

But I do not like this or any other gun control other than for automatic and semi-automatic weapons.

I just do not beleive that honest people without guns are going to be as safe as they are with guns out there. I mean, if a robber has to wonder if he is going to be shot he will likely not rob as often. If he knows he will be up against an unarmed person almost every single time, I think robberies will increase. Purely opinion but $0.02.

You sound like you're using the "if you aren't doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about..." argument? This is interesting.

But I do not like this or any other gun control other than for automatic and semi-automatic weapons.

I just do not beleive that honest people without guns are going to be as safe as they are with guns out there. I mean, if a robber has to wonder if he is going to be shot he will likely not rob as often. If he knows he will be up against an unarmed person almost every single time, I think robberies will increase. Purely opinion but $0.02.

Some decent comments for once, but do you really understand what the elimination of semi-autos would leave? Bolt action, lever action, pump action, single fed. That's it. Did you really mean to say this? How about revolvers? Some consider them semi-auto, some don't.

ivan, for one a gun is useless without ammo and i really don't think the government should be able to track it or your gun. lets says a criminal breaks into my home steals my ammo and my gun and kills someone and it tracks back to me. a criminal doesn't lose here, he wins. it's joe honest gun owner who suffers. drug laws don't stop people from doing drugs now do they.

i'd rather the government say their gonna wiretap my conversation, because i sure have nothing to hide. lets say the government does this and charges u .25 cents per tap to cover the cost and for your safety. why is it that some laws just protect stupid people and take away your freedoms at the same time?

anyway, this is crap and just another way of taking away your civil liberties.

ivan, is what u need is a rope gun :whistle:

or a better pair of rock climbing shoes.

so i gotta throw $2000 worth of ammo away because people are idiots.

lets search everyone who walk down to beacon because some of us aren't smart enough to be incognito. ;)

Um. You're the dumbass who spent 2-grand on ammo. Why in the hell would you need to buy that much ammo?

one of these babies don't need no bullets!

MonkSpade99-01d.jpg

if the gov wanted to stencil a # on the side of it i wouldnt' feel raped either :)

pink, i think you're somehow confusing me for the guy who proposed the legislation - i was just asking some questions - i don't know that i understand your responses either - again, this proposal (which i could give a shit about) does not make ammo unavailable or harder to buy (the .05 tax thing is a seperate issue and after paying 5 billion % tax on cigs for years, one which seems hopeless to fight against)

as for not wanting the gov to be able to know if you have a gun, or what guns you have, okay. so long as your consistently liberatarian on all other issues i can handle it. i'd assume you want no registration on cars either, right? :)

you just made a good point. it is none of your business or the governments why i need ammo period. do us a favor and go buy a couple thousand dollars worth of birth control before ivan hits you with his purse.

you might ask the question: wow, how many guns do you have or what kind of guns do you have.

in reality, it's not that much ammo.

now "go climb a rock" you bitchin rockclimber dude!!!!!!!!

one of these babies don't need no bullets!

MonkSpade99-01d.jpg

if the gov wanted to stencil a # on the side of it i wouldnt' feel raped either :)

pink, i think you're somehow confusing me for the guy who proposed the legislation - i was just asking some questions - i don't know that i understand your responses either - again, this proposal (which i could give a shit about) does not make ammo unavailable or harder to buy (the .05 tax thing is a seperate issue and after paying 5 billion % tax on cigs for years, one which seems hopeless to fight against)

as for not wanting the gov to be able to know if you have a gun, or what guns you have, okay. so long as your consistently liberatarian on all other issues i can handle it. i'd assume you want no registration on cars either, right? :)

i do believe we register cars for tax purposes eric. and i normally don't go driving my gun around on public roads smarty pants.

i always thought the idea of taxing the shit out of cigarettes and alcohol might be a good idea , but put the money towards reduced health care. oh, tax fat people to.

here's a website you might be interested in:

http://www.salamancacigaretteoutlet.com/

stop smoking everything ivan, you'll be a better climber and won't end up hacking a lung up everyday like jim.

or maybe grow your own tobacco

Edited by pink

ok, so for both & FW it's the expense associated w/ this bill, nothing else?

would you not have literally blown your way through that ammo by 2011? do you guys really just keep thousands and thousands of rounds stowed away w/ no purpose but the coming zombie apocalypse?

tip of the iceberg:

We are now starting to see the contagion effects of the current liquidity crisis feed through to the real economy. We are about to go back to the bad old days. Whether the zombie banks are kept on life support by the central banks and taxpayers of the world is highly relevant to whether the zombie bank executives pay themselves outsize bonuses and their zombie shareholders outsize dividends with taxpayer money. It appears sadly irrelevant to whether the banks perform their function of intermediating credit and commercial transactions in the real economy along the supply chain. The bailout cash and executive and shareholder priorities do not seem to reach so far.

The recent 93 percent collapse of the obscure Baltic Dry Index – an index of the cost of chartering bulk cargo vessels for goods like ore, cotton, grain or similar dry tonnage – has caused a bit of a stir among the financial cognoscenti. What is less discussed amidst the alarm is the reason for the collapse of the index – the collapse of trade credit based on the venerable letter of credit.

If cargo trade stops, a whole lot of supply chain disruption starts. If the ore doesn’t go to the refinery, there is no plate steel. If the plate steel doesn’t get shipped, there is nothing to fabricate into components. If there are no components, there is nothing to assemble in the factory. If the factory closes the assembly line, there are no finished goods. If there are no finished goods, there is nothing to restock the shelves of the shops. If there is nothing in the shops, the consumers don’t buy. If the consumers don’t buy, there is no Christmas.

Everyone along the supply chain should worry about their jobs. Many will lose their jobs sooner rather than later.

If cargo trade stops, the wheat doesn’t get exported. If the wheat doesn’t get exported, the mill has nothing to grind into flour. If there is no flour, the bakeries and food processors can’t produce bread and pasta and other foods. If there are no foods shipped from the bakeries and factories, there are no foods in the shops. If there are no foods in the shops, people go hungry. If people go hungry their children go hungry. When children go hungry, people riot and governments fall.

Everyone along the supply chain should worry about their children going hungry.

When that happens, everyone in governments should worry about the riots.

Controlling access to trade finance determines who loses their jobs, whose children go hungry, who riots, which governments fall. Without dedicated focus on the issue of trade finance and liquidity from those in the emerging world most interested in sustaining the growth of recent years, little progress can be expected.Trade finance is rapidly communicating the stress on bank liquidity to the real economy. It presents a systemic risk much more frightening than the collapsing value of bits of paper traded electronically in London and New York. It could collapse the employment, the well being and the political stability of most of the world’s population.

--Systemic Risk, Contagion and Trade Finance - Back to the Bad Old Days

[video:youtube]H3zZ6qNWeGw

Food Prices Will Rise, Causing Export Bans, Riots: Chart of Day --Bloomberg

Plan would dedicate 20,000 uniformed troops inside U.S. by 2011 --MSNBC

It is only a matter of time.

Ammo Confiscation

(*Many* Americans are scared-to-death at what's coming....)

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana )

Thanks for that bit of info. I believe everything off of the internet.

A firearm would have to have ammunition to complete its function. Seems that restricting, banning, or confiscating ammo would interfere with the 2nd amendment right to bear arms.

Also see this reference in regards to confiscation of guns during emergencies such as Hurricane Katrina. This action demonstrates that the gun lobby is prepared to counteract threats to the 2nd amendment.

The South African experience proves you dead wrong. Crime rates in Joburg are among the world's highest. Because of this many homeowners are armed. Because of this, many burglars enter and shoot the first person they see, assuming the owner is armed. Out of desperation, homeowners contract with private security firms, who respond to tripped alarms. They fire two shots in the lawn, then come in blasting. Many homeowners are shot by their own private security firms every year due to false alarms. The proliferation of guns has turned what would be simple property crimes (which suck, admittedly) into homocides.

Just sayin. The 'common sense' that's behind many of these gun arguments is very often 180 degrees wrong.

Edited by tvashtarkatena