Big Wall Dreams?

Copperhead

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a great plan!!! Sign me up. Let's see if our schedules mesh and get out on the rock!!!

Email me at rr666@yahoo.com, but take note, I am going to be in Alaska for a week and may not get back to you before i get back, but i am interested.

Michael

Hey copperhead,

I'm just curious if you have done any walls in yosemite. I am heading there on Tuesday and am open to suggestions. My partner and I are thinking about the NA wall. Heard anything about it?

My friend and I are looking for a third to do Mescalito with in september. Let me know what your up to. -matt

Peter -

You didn't ask for a reply, either, but I don't understand your aversion to three-person parties. For alpine climbs or long trad climbs, three is (or can be) slow. For walls, I have found it to allow a good division of the work and in no way to slow things down. Perhaps you didn't have the right team of three.

-MattP

[This message has been edited by mattp (edited 06-08-2001).]

Well it depends on the route but it reduces your leads by 33% and on many routes that means you loose out on some good pitches and possibly all the hard ones. With two sometimes its hard to equally distribute hard pitches anyway. For example on Mescalito if you have two and your swinging leads one gets signifcantly more difficult pitches than the other. At least they did a long time ago. Plus the hassle at belays becomes exponentially more a mess.

Just my opinion anyway.

This is true, but if you are friends with your partners, its nice to have someone to talk to at the belay. Especially on long routes like Mescalito. At least if your pissed at one guy, you can talk to the other. It breaks up the monotony of walls. Draw straws for the cool pitches!

I like three, cause you get alittle more rest, and you can split up the hauling better. It can be fast and pretty smooth if you are all dialed in. You can also short fix alot of stuff if you have a tag line. Three is cool. Just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 06-08-2001).]