Voile Hardwires? Any good?

selkirk

I'm putting together a tele set up and was wondering if anyone has experience with the Voile Hardwire CRB's?

Seems like a great price point, and the only down side might that they don't tour as well unless you get the 3 pin compatible version?

Will primarily be for resort skiing, and driving a set of Kahru Kodiaks with some older T1's.

Also, how hard are they to mount? I'm reasonably handy but have never mounted bindings and would hate to screw up a new pair of boards.

TIA

:wave:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regular hardwires good, don't like the release system, kind of hard to get back into after a release (based on using the older Voile release plates. I have the regular hardwires without the release and like them just fine. Mounting is not hard, there are lots of thoughts on this subject, but just go with putting your boot pin holes ontop of chord center with your toe and heel centered over the ski. You should be able to get these mounted without any special jig or template if you can use a ruler etc.

I'm putting together a tele set up and was wondering if anyone has experience with the Voile Hardwire CRB's?

Seems like a great price point, and the only down side might that they don't tour as well unless you get the 3 pin compatible version?

Will primarily be for resort skiing, and driving a set of Kahru Kodiaks with some older T1's.

I've been touring on old World Pistes with 3-Pin HW CRBs for the last couple of seasons. No issues, they tour and ski fine. I also have a set of the regular HW CRB plates (without pins) that I've used once inbounds with no issues.

Voile bindings are good value. This year I've upgraded to Switchbacks on Rapid Transits.

Also, how hard are they to mount? I'm reasonably handy but have never mounted bindings and would hate to screw up a new pair of boards.

Pretty easy. Voile provides good instructions and a template. That being said, I let a shop take care of it, especially with new skis. I'd rather have the option of them replacing my skis if they screw up than just being mad at myself if I pooch it.

regular hardwires good, don't like the release system, kind of hard to get back into after a release (based on using the older Voile release plates.

Having everything mounted on a riser and the improved plate design makes it much easier to get back in than the old system did.

I have a pair of the regular Hardwires, I think the R8's, and I like them.

R8s are Rottefella bindings, but they are very similar to Hardwires.