joshua tree 12-18 to 1-4

markwebster

I'm off 12-18 to 1-4. Like to hit Joshua Tree or Red Rocks, or both. I've heard from one other person who is interested, but would like to put together 4 to 5 fellow dirtbaggers to cut down on gas costs and give some margin for last minute cancellations. Trad or sport doesn't matter to me though I personally prefer trad. If you don't know trad I can teach you. I taught both Austin and Christine in the links below to climb trad this year. I think they are both better than me now. :noway:

Had a great time last year. Ideally someone would have a minivan, or at least a station wagon with a rack. I'll be in vantage this weekend with my partner Christine. I want to get back on george and martha...love that route. If you are there, say howdy! I'm the old guy with the knee pads. :wave:

You can contact me through my website

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vouch that he is a good guy and very chill. He has been to these places so much, he is like a walking guidebook. And he is pretty modest about his abilities. He's onsighting trad 10s, lately. And according my recollection, he has followed up to 11's.

Most importantly, he takes good pictures. Wish I could afford the time off....

Christine

Temps permitting, I could go for Red Rocks and then AZ. Let me get a hold of a "Wk-end Rk" for AZ.

If we were to head down to RR I would mostly be interested in the Grade III's and IV's 5.8 to 5.10. 5.10+ if you lead the scary parts.

Windy Mtn and Solar Slabs have good sun. Black Velvet and Icebox Canyons don't.

RR

I've got:

Urioste, Joanne "The Red Rocks of Southern Nevada"

I reccomend either of the new guidebooks published in the last two years. One is a beautiful coffe table picture book with w/ very good beta, annother is more up to date, and hopefully less error prone than Swain's.

AZ:

Tucson- Cochise Stronghold, Mt. Charleson, Seneca.

Sedona- anywhere

jhamaker,

I just order'd the roxanna brockman book. Hope that is the one with the purty pictures. Ran into Brett (from our last xmas trip) at the gym this week the day after I saw you there. He is going down to Red rocks from Montana with his girlfriend and will arrive around the 20th in RR.

I heard from a guy via my post on rockclimbing.com who has a volvo wagon and that time period available, but only wants to climb half the time. He wants to hang with family and friends the rest of the time in vegas. That could be troublesome.

Mark