Hood NF Trip?

WageSlave

I'm looking at these cold temps Sunday night and the lack of precip thats expected and thinking that maybe that North Face might be in condition. Anyone game to go check it out and climb it Sunday night/Monday AM? I don't have a car, and only have a couple screws, but will make up for that by doing most the trailbreaking and being obnoxiously awake at 2 am :grin: C'mon, you know you folks want to get out of Portland and swing some tools...

Either PM me or gimme a call at (three 6 oh) 723 three three 44.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't be so cranky w/ the spaniard!

yocum i wouldn't get close to for awhile yet, mostly b/c i doub there's any rime to speak of on the gendarmes

wageslave - i've yet to square a parnter for the day/weekend after t-giving - pm me if that might be a decent time for you

Panos-

I just mean this is what the ridge looked like 4 weeks ago:

Hood_Doug_0031.jpg

and this is what you want it to look like (these were probably taken in Feb 07?):

Lap_Top_758.jpg

Lap_Top_755.jpg

It has a long way to go.

Colin and/or Ivan I'd be up for checking out NF Thanksgiving weekend.

Nice, thanks for the speaking pictures! Yet, four weeks it is a long time :grin:

It would be nice to try something on Hood. For this weekend however it would not be safe to try anything there, exept if the wind thu-sat hits the slope/ridge/route almost at right angle preventing wind-drift accumulation and possibly helping rime formation... Dreams of an fall night.

I will be checking that too. Maybe see you there :wave:

Edited by Panos

how do you plan to get up there? G-friend and I are looking for a hike and I love that side of the mountain.

Tilly Jane ski trail. It's a little burned, a couple of blow down trees, but was very easily navigated last weekend. Dunno how much snow is on the trail after this weeks rain storm, but I'll bet it's minimal, considering that I could still see bare dirt/rocks on Barrett spur from Portland.

I was planning on the kind where I walk behind you and jab you in the ass with poles to hike faster.

That kind of tactic usually only last until the second jab, from there on, I chain smoke Camels and drink beer while laughing at the poles shoved up you ass! :poke::grlaf:

Haha. Camels and beer, that sounds like a high quality mountaineering trip to me. Where are the massive Slaveway sandwiches to go with it?