Climbing/Training partner for Sport, Trad, Alpine

Mendizale

So I'm new to the forum and new to Washington State. I'm currently climbing at Stone Gardens here in Ballard. I enjoy wallratting some times, and love outdoor routes at all times. Enthused about sport, trad, and alpine climbing, but I need a solid partner to train with or, at the very least, go adventuring with. This is taking on all the squeezy allure of a craigslist personal ad, but does anybody have some advice on how to go about procuring a climbing partner? I normally find them through friends or at a gym, but I've yet to make many of the former, and Stone Gardens seems rich with the (admirable) bouldering type, and a bit low on the types of climbing I'm most interested in. Apologies for my English, and thanks in advance!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Various organizations have climbing clubs or sections...

You could try looking into the Mountaineers, the Bushwhacker climbing club, the Washington Alpine Club... these clubs provide you with a ready selection of people to go and have fun.

Also, you could try posting on the board at Stone Gardens (I'm assuming they have one)

Actually, this can be a great place to met other climbers if you are willing to ignore the ones with personal issues bubbling over into their internet exchanges.

Try posting in the partners forum for something specific.

Also include what your experience level is, what gear you have, and what you can contribute like a ride, gas money, beer, etc.

But be specific. For instance, look at a few guide books there at the gym and pick a route or two that are likely to be in season and post for a partner for one of those on a specific weekend.

This is a difficult time of year to count on the weather btu Vantage can still be good and even Leavenworth might have some climbing if you can stand a few drips.

Also peruse the Partner forum for other people who sound like you and get together with them. Getting out anywhere will help your alpine preparedness if nothing else.

Cheers.

Actually, this can be a great place to met other climbers if you are willing to ignore the ones with personal issues bubbling over into their internet exchanges.

Try posting in the partners forum for something specific.

Also include what your experience level is, what gear you have, and what you can contribute like a ride, gas money, beer, etc.

But be specific. For instance, look at a few guide books there at the gym and pick a route or two that are likely to be in season and post for a partner for one of those on a specific weekend.

This is a difficult time of year to count on the weather btu Vantage can still be good and even Leavenworth might have some climbing if you can stand a few drips.

Also peruse the Partner forum for other people who sound like you and get together with them. Getting out anywhere will help your alpine preparedness if nothing else.

Cheers.

damn, what happened to you? Did you walk through Macy's and catch the season's spirit before T-day? All gracious and shit!?!

BAHFRICKIN'HUMBUG!!