Beacon Rock - ROCK STATUS REPORT

Cobra_Commander

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan.....I am serious about replacing all the bolts on that sporto line up to tree ledge.

jim'll kill you if you remove the "historical" one's of course :)

some day when you get your kitchen pass lemme know and i'll serve as your bodyguard while you drill'em - unless of course they offer me more money to help wail on you

i should point out that i've yet to even try yarding on those funktacular things - probably should do that first though, eh? :grin:

hey, lean on jim to host another movie night sometime soon - it's been awhile since i had a legitimate reason to flee my scene of familial bliss on a thursday night

i wish i could go climbing at index...

beacon does have a cooler approach and walk off though - and probably more insane windy conditions to train in - plus we don't have meth-heads camped out in the parking lot

so there, bitz!

Yep, insane windy today, even a bit of rain. Good times. Larry got blown about 30 ft sideways on rap, fun stuff.

if one man can do it then many men can do it

If I have the story right. It was chopped because of ego......has it seen an accent sans bolts?

time for a history lesson. legend has it that 'the phantom' didn't like that a rap bolted route was put up ( or down ) off land of the little people. nathan went back up and bolted it on lead using gear and bolts and it was chopped again. even jim o wanted it to stay or at least that's what he told me. only the first bolt is missing though.

If I have the story right. It was chopped because of ego......has it seen an accent sans bolts?

time for a history lesson. legend has it that 'the phantom' didn't like that a rap bolted route was put up ( or down ) off land of the little people. nathan went back up and bolted it on lead using gear and bolts and it was chopped again. even jim o wanted it to stay or at least that's what he told me. only the first bolt is missing though.

new age, new era - lets fix that fucker - i'd love to be able to chill and belay from that ledge (or alternatively look down in horror at my asshole pimp'n it while thrutch-fuckign around) - very cool ground above there

ok, so i think you're missin about four chops and it was tim o. who originally bolted it and called it sacrilege for reasons tim o. can only explain. it was chopped rebolted, chopped rebolted, chopped rebolted then nathan came along and led it ground up on gear and bolts (hand drill) and named it "spirit". i assume he named it that because that is the true spirit of beacon rock. then it was chopped again but not completely or maybe just hangers removed. i've heard so many different versions. however, i think this whole fiasco ended jim and nathans friendship which i think was a bummer for jim. i'm sure there is more to the story.

like chalk in a chalk bag.....these are the days of our lives.

Edited by pink

Damn, I missed all the good stuff bullshit cause I was off raising my kids. That's a good thing I'll bet. You might check with the "Phantom", whomever that is/was, and everyone else so that another chop job doesn't ensue before placing more bolts Ivan.

Where did Nate go off too BTW, never hear of him anymore.

Damn, I missed all the good stuff bullshit cause I was off raising my kids. That's a good thing I'll bet. You might check with the "Phantom", whomever that is/was, and everyone else so that another chop job doesn't ensue before placing more bolts Ivan.

Where did Nate go off too BTW, never hear of him anymore.

that's right bill, you missed a full on clip up at the mothership. now we just stick clip the bastard and lead it off the anchor.

don't hold your breath waiting for me to bolt it bill - i've placed one bolt in my life, and you had to brow-beat me to do it :)

if i was to bolt it though, i'd use adamantium - then only wolverine would be able to chop, and he's gay, so he'd approve...

Like I said.....chopped for ego. The phantom did not want a sport route leaving "his" ledge. Now that the phantom is gone the route needs to be reinstated for all to enjoy. IMO.