Beacon Rock - ROCK STATUS REPORT

Cobra_Commander

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping to get out w/Geoff tomorrow if it is still dry, any suggestions for us mere mortals?

since you were already in the n-hood, go do blood, sweat n' smears

or, since you're willing to pull on gear, jensens!

BS&S is way to wet. I've only been on it one time before and that was a few years ago. Sure looks nice though.

Pretty windy out here today so we may do something easier. However, Blownout might be kind of sheltered from the wind...

if one man can do it then many men can do it

If I have the story right. It was chopped because of ego......has it seen an accent sans bolts?

kevin, i was trying to place the name of the guy who bolted it. that's all.

I am spacing his name. It was not Sowerby. I asked him about it. He just climbed it…..he was not involved with the drama. I think Ken chopped it because he did not want “his ledge” to have a route leaving it……especially a sport route.

Hoping to get out w/Geoff tomorrow if it is still dry, any suggestions for us mere mortals?

since you were already in the n-hood, go do blood, sweat n' smears

or, since you're willing to pull on gear, jensens!

BS&S is way to wet. I've only been on it one time before and that was a few years ago. Sure looks nice though.

Pretty windy out here today so we may do something easier. However, Blownout might be kind of sheltered from the wind...

how's it wet? it hasn't rained in a week!

do jensen's dude! take a shit-ton of big gear and your aiders and some fat wind-clothes and dig it!

It is wet because it has water running down it... About a 2 foot wide drizzle on most of the route. At least it did yesterday, I doubt it's dried up today. Not sure if I'm up to leading that anyway. I'd much rather climb something that I won't have to pull on any gear but ya gotta do whacha gotta do.

It is wet because it has water running down it... About a 2 foot wide drizzle on most of the route. At least it did yesterday, I doubt it's dried up today. Not sure if I'm up to leading that anyway. I'd much rather climb something that I won't have to pull on any gear but ya gotta do whacha gotta do.

in that case, why dontcha go clean out bluebird direct? looks not so hard but needs all that shit pulled out.

Thats great guys.....but can we get back to more important issues like drama at beacon.....who is bolting the corner this weekend?

okay kev, here's one for you - can we replace all the bolts on the various funky corner variations? that one right off the start of the slab pitch looks really cool, but those home-made hangers look hella-ghetto!

Thats great guys.....but can we get back to more important issues like drama at beacon.....who is bolting the corner this weekend?

okay kev, here's one for you - can we replace all the bolts on the various funky corner variations? that one right off the start of the slab pitch looks really cool, but those home-made hangers look hella-ghetto!

I am with ya....and yes we can replace them all. it might even need to be retroed.

Wow. After reading this awesome ROCK STATUS REPORT, for a moment, I actually thought it might be worth driving down there to go climbing. But then I remembered Index is one million times better, and the thought just sort of drifted away.

If you have never climbed at Beacon....how do you know Index is a million times better?

Wow. After reading this awesome ROCK STATUS REPORT, for a moment, I actually thought it might be worth driving down there to go climbing. But then I remembered Index is one million times better, and the thought just sort of drifted away.

If you have never climbed at Beacon....how do you know Index is a million times better?

index is better for sheer rock-climbing - but imho, beacon is kewler - it sure as hell is more convenient