Beacon Rock - ROCK STATUS REPORT

Cobra_Commander

For immediate release:

The rock next to the old tree 20 feet down from the base of right-left albatross-gull is still there

The rock to the left of the famous rock in the arena (no not the dinner plate, the small pig-shaped one) is STILL INTACT

Several pebbles were seen moving over the belay stance at mid-way Jill's

The large knife blade dagger-like rock in fresh squeeze lower remains after much yarding after tr'ing the route into submission

Two grains of sand were surreptitiously removed from grassy ledges. The culprits remain unknown at this time but a taskforce has been mobilized to bring justice

END

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that it's only on the internet that the drama occurs. Perhaps so some may demonstrate what they believe to be their scintillating wit. Things still seem normal on the rock.

page6_blog_entry7_1.jpg

I've really enjoyed going other places this summer more than ever though, perhaps for this reason. I don't climb to get drama like that, in fact, I climb to get away from it. Nice you started this out in spray! I suspect it will go downhill rather quickly.

Oh_the_Drama.jpg

i think someone may have put in a beautiful bolt anchor at tree ledge, but it was pitch black and i was no more sober than an irishman on sunday morning

old larry had a funny story about jim on saturday - somewhere around 330 it started going nuts, saying it was going be sundown in 15 minutes, then providing a countdown for the next 30 minutes while harranguing all about him to "get the fuck down!"

i would have enjoyed being in brighton august 2nd - those are some cheeky looking bastards!

Yes! This would make it easier to mark arrows pointing the right way on the various "warriors" climbs

There one loose boulder on the 3rd pitch of young warriors -- omg -- it is super classic in its history and looseness.

I'd bet that loose rock has a nice surprise under it as the person who did it before us forgot to stop at potty ledge and decided to take a dump right on route. Then, just covered it up with a loose belay slayer 25lb rock. Come on, if you can't stop over at potty ledge, at least get off the route a few feet. Bad enough to die/be crippled from a rock like that but also be smeared with crap is just to much.

Smeared with feces right before being crushed to death = awesome way to go

That sounds like you are describing the climbs you did.

"Yeah, I totally onsighted Crushed To Death, but I warmed up first on Smeared with Feces and just moved over from the belay ledge. You gotta try that link up, it's an awesome way to go"

Smeared with feces right before being crushed to death = awesome way to go

That sounds like you are describing the climbs you did.

"Yeah, I totally onsighted Crushed To Death, but I warmed up first on Smeared with Feces and just moved over from the belay ledge. You gotta try that link up, it's an awesome way to go"

Those are the great new routes someone bolted after the big loose rock was blasted out of there, just right of the arena of terror. Bolted like every 10", so it's kind of sketchy run out though.