Ouray Trip

Bud

I will be making my first trip to Ouray this Feb. Is there a shuttle from Montrose to the Ice Park? Our would it be better to fly to Grand Junction and rent a car? We only plan to climb at the Park. What is a good place for lodging that includes a place to cook? Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

riverside inn has bungalos that technically you can't cook in but everyone has a small stove going. They also have rooms with kitchenetes but you gotta pay a little more.

Flying to grand junction can be expensive so you should buy tickets real soon. We actually flew to denver and drove to ouray. The flight from denver to grand junction would soak up a couple hours so that flight would save only 4 or 5 hours total. Not worth the extra cost. But if you gots tons of extra cash, go for it.

There is a couple of shuttle services from Montrose, Telluride Express and Mountain Limo. Mountain Limo sux. Telluride Express was $25 per person (one way) with a $75 minimum the last time I used flew with a group and needed a shuttle, and actually showed up when they said they would.

Alpenglow Condominiums has a bunch of units in all different configurations, all with kitchens. A little more expensive, but nice units on the Park end of town.

• 2 weeks later...

The riverside inn is within walking distance to the hot-springs though. It should be pretty easy to bum a ride from the inn to the park every morning, lots of climbers stay there. Have a great time, feb. is a great time to be in the park, you never have to swing a tool:-)