Anyone from Tacoma?

highclimb

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adian,

i am tacoma. i live in tacoma, i work in tacoma and i love tacoma. iw ould say the people down here for the most part are realistic and very hard working. i do not appricate when people talk shit about it. email me if you want to go climbing.

erik

• 4 weeks later...

Once upon a time we had a little gym in Olympia. It was a great place to get hooked up with other climbers. They tore down the building to make Capitol Lake round and the owners were unable to find another location. Thank God we at least got a round lake out of the deal. Well I think its round I haven't been able to get down to the water for three or four years as they have a chainlink fence up around it. I guess this is way off the track but thanks for listening. D

I'm at Fort Lewis. Due to being on a 1 hour recall notice, I tend to climb Spire fairly often. Other good spots in the area are Fossil Rock in Yelm, and I've heard talk of some sandstone in Wilkesson.

I keep looking around the Olympia area too, seems like there is a lot of rock in the ground (i.e. the park next to the old Oly brewery.) Anyone know of anything (even boulders.)

[This message has been edited by Slide (edited 05-30-2001).]