• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
john_wickson

black peak/south slope

need route info as to which is the correct 3rd class step to take below the summit of black. Seems like this been a problem with others.

I climbed the N.E ridge and descended the south slope last September. The route just below the summit that leads to the 3rd class section was well cairned at that time.

If the cairns are gone, just move around the right side of the summit block, on easy wide ledges, to about the n.e. corner. There you will find the 40ft of 3rd class (I think it is in a kind of shallow gully) that leads to the summit.

Enjoy the view of the NE Butress on Goode, it is awe inspiring.

Rgds

The route was well marked with cairns as of about 3 weeks ago, However I was using the route for a descent and the markers can be trickier to spot on the way up.