non-sucky internet provider?

Gary_Yngve

looking for:

- decent quality (would prefer low-speed and consistent over high-speed with occasional downtime)

- under $50/month

- not bound to an annual contract, or can easily (and likely without quality reduction) relocate to elsewhere in Seattle

- offers a 1 week full refund if quality isn't to my desire

what do yall have?

am i asking for the impossible?

googling for clearwire sucks, verizon sucks, etc., returns a lot of hits

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a very good experience with Qwest, both in Seattle and in Bellevue. I've used them for five years, a fair bit of that time running my own servers with static IPs I got from them. The only times I have been down has been when I've been without power due to a windstorm. Otherwise I don't believe there have been any interruptions in service. Their best package is currently 3Mbps down/768Kbps up, which isn't too bad and I actually get pretty close to that. There is an annual contract, but if you move to an area where Qwest does not provide service then you're to go with someone else.

Of course you'll probably get a lot of hits if you search for Qwest sucks, but there ya go, that's my two cents.

I used Speakeasy when I lived in California, and was also very happy with them. Very clueful.

I have Comcast. I have the 6Mbps down/768 up. I have had no problems. But if you do, call in and a tech will come out and fix it. 99cents extra gets you the service protection plan, so you don't have to pay for any trouble calls.

30 money back guarantee, and NO contracts at all!

By the way, the speeds are going way up beginning of the year!!! Price stays the same.

42 bucks if you have phone or tv with them also, 52 bucks if its internet only (internet only is 4down, 356 up but will go up to the standard speeds when the speed increase happens)