New To Cascade Climbing

iceclimer

I just moved here from Alaska in December and don't have a lot of climbing contacts yet. I have been climbing rock and ice for 4 years and I'm at an intermediate level. All I have for the time being is a harness, belay device, and shoes. I have plenty of gear but it is still in shipment from Alaska. If you're up for gym or outdoor climbing, please respond.

[This message has been edited by iceclimer (edited 04-28-2001).]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 43 in very good shape and recently finished series of classes and field trips covering everything from knots to rock, snow and glaciers,crevasse rescue etc. I did the tooth last wed. and had a blast I want to do more but need partners . Wife uses car for work but will cover gas generously if you don't mind driving. Got weathered out on my second trip to rainier last weekend and plan to go in a couple of weeks. I live in factoria (425) 603-1406

Hey Dan, Instead of climbing with Erik maybe Pope will let us toss a couple of anchor bolts in Erik's forehead and we can toprope his inflated head! Oh and thank you Erik, if it was in fact you, for making Washington climbers look so "reasonable" in the latest issue of Rock and Slice, Letters, page 15. Arsehole!

[This message has been edited by slaphappy (edited 06-12-2001).]

Please....no more bolts in the Pope. The anchor on top of my schlanger causes me too much pain as it is (as does the snow patch). Mr. Slappy: you're either trying to be funny or you're really sick....you've got me guessing!

Cool a sick phat new route to throw down some ill moves on!! I got the beta on this one...delicate mantle up on the chin..undercling left nostril...dyno for eyelid..hang by one hand and chalk up to look good for the bettys then some delicate crimping up the forehead. Dude this is gonna rock! I'm gonna have to wash my new Ropegun shorts for this!

dan,

after seeing your war of words with the other kids in the play ground i will extend the rock monkey's nut tool of friendship and go climbing with you. plz email me with all the crap and i will go. i don't make any promises to you about anyone not dying, but as you know thats how the cookie crumbles. and i like cookies.

p.s. i am a snob and will only climb granite, so figure something else out.

p.p.s. guye peak only getz only .3 points in the climb for credit. then again i do not take credit cards so beer will work too!

p.p.p.s. i drink alot1

slap monkey,

jeeez i really apologize for expressing my personal opinion without getting some yahoo's approval. rolleyes.gif i was unware that if you climbed in the cascades that i need to get some anonomyous jackasses ideas of what my drunken prose should be.

and i highly doubt that anyone will discount you next time you travel abroad. though i will put the word out about you.

and as far as my ego goes, i don't have to make far fetched claims to try and gain approval from the likes of you.

case in point:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000403-2.html

read mr. slappys 2nd remark... no eithics...no wonder he like smoots article....two peas in a pod!

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/ubb/Forum23/HTML/000044.html

other than that ole boy u can kiss my ass and like it. though plz i am a traditionalist and do not advocate bolts!

Slaphappy,

I tend to agree with a lot of the comments made in Erik's letter. Though personally have nothing against Smoot either.

To attack Erik in your fashion by areshole is a little close minded if you ask me. I could think of plenty of things to do when in Seattle other than what is mentioned. Also I think there was no mention of Leavenworth if I recall.. Is not Leavenworth one of my favorite destinations ===> yes and many other people would agree it should not be left out. Perhaps it was because it is a longer drive from Seattle?? I don't recall if there was even a mention of other guidebooks for climbing as well.

To sum it up in my eyes I really think that Jeff Smoot had good intentions and I think cool what an effort. However I also agree with Erik's comments in his letter. The article was also too short if you ask me. Perhaps he was limited in space by the magazine??

Either way Slaphappy maybe you should look at it from a larger picture??

I wish I had the magazine here to reference.

Hey BTW off the subject but if anyone is headed to Tuolomne then hit that sport route in that mag "Cryin Time Again" it is fun smile.gif

-Cpt